0 Neutral

About KouweDollhouse

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Emily

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I guess I should've mentioned that this happened 5 days ago and even today the paper is still bubbly and wavy..... I will try poking it with a pin to flatten things out!
  2. I decided to go with "wallpaper mucilage" to apply the wallpaper. It looked fine on the wall at first. Then after about 6hrs it is all wavy and bubbly. So Im trying to find out what I did wrong and if there is a way to fix it or if I need to just buy more paper and tear that attempt out. Does anyone have any advice to offer? Maybe I put too much paste on ?!
  3. Havanaholly, I love the idea of adding a porch and have thought about it. Are there kits for that sort of thing?
  4. So .... new plan. I'll out the wiring on hold and primer everything and fix the warping floor. It might be a Real Good Toys House. ... I cannot look for a stamp because I don't have others to help me lift it. When friends come over I'll have to have them help me out with that! I never even thought of a coffered ceiling! That may have to happen now! Thanks for a the help everyone.
  5. Just thought of one more question. As I begin putting the tape wiring up throughout the house should I primer the walls before putting the tape in? Or should I do all the electric and then primer the walls right over the tape wiring? Eventually I will be putting wallpaper up.
  6. Hello Everyone! Thank you for being so welcoming! I already asked my first question and got such great responses and super fast too!!!! Thank you. I am Emily, from Ohio, and am remodeling my childhood dollhouse. My dad made it for me when I was 5 years old. (That was 25 years ago) I am not sure what kind it is. I am going to post a couple pictures. Please let me know if you have the answer to my mystery! This forum is so great! I now feel like I always have somewhere to turn when I come upon a question as I am remodeling! Thanks.
  7. As you can see..... I am trying to fix a problem of a warped floor in the right hand room on the second floor. I read somewhere to prop it up and spray water on the concave (curved in) side. Hoping that works. I may have to do it a few times.
  8. Wow!!!! I feel so welcomed! Thank you all so much for the quick response and the great advice! That youtube tutorial is so great! It made me want to add sconces and a couple exterior lights!!! I will be posting a couple pictures of my dollhouse here and in the newcomers forum in its current condition. I'm not sure what kind of dollhouse it is. I don't even know what the different kinds are. Thanks again.
  9. Hello Everyone! I just discovered this forum and am so grateful! I am remodeling my childhood dollhouse that my dad made for me. I have cleared out the entire house of everything including wallpaper and flooring. I have left the existing electric tape and would like to add on to it seeing as though it still works. I bought the blue and copper tape wire to use throughout the house and am wondering how to attach it to the existing tape wire which is two copper pieces (no blue piece). Is it possible? I assume there is a way. I have also purchased brads to use in connecting them. From reading some other posts am I correct in thinking I should purchase eyelets instead? Thank you, Kouwe