3 Neutral

About mjcmaisto

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Mary

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thank you, Holly. I'm trying to set up an album in the gallery now for the Kellogg house. Having a little trouble, but I'll get the hang of it eventually! LOL!
  2. Thank you all, for the warm welcome!
  3. Sorry I didn't respond to this thread sooner! I'm working on KELLOGG'S RUSTIC DORMERED FARMHOUSE. It's the one I'm working on now. The one in the background is the Victoria Farmhouse that I'm going to restore next. I'm having a great time!!
  4. A talented lady decorated this dollhouse beautifully in the Joanna Gaines style!!! I was blown away! http://www2.philly.com/philly/columnists/jenice_armstrong/dr-kwandaa-roberts-dollhouse-hgtv-chip-joanna-gaines-jenice-armstrong-20180417.html
  5. Good response. I bought this house for my grandchildren and look forward to decorating it with them. Joanne Gaines inspires me and the woman in this article who enjoyed the "fixer-upper" dollhouse: http://www2.philly.com/philly/columnists/jenice_armstrong/dr-kwandaa-roberts-dollhouse-hgtv-chip-joanna-gaines-jenice-armstrong-20180417.html
  6. I did consider cutting holes in the roof, but a friend with some experience in dollhouse building warned me away from that. Still, I would love to have more light coming in on that level. As I mentioned, I am pretty new at this and cutting into that heavy roof is a little scary. I did find a great site that spells it out pretty well. But then, I don't really have major tools, except for a dremel and hand saws. Any ideas on how to plan for this would help and I do have a helpful son I could ask for guidance!
  7. Holy Smoke, I just saw all these replies from my original question back on July third! I missed quite of few of your helpful ideas and I apologize for not answering sooner! Love, love the idea of two roof strips running on the side! I will definitely consider that!
  8. Thank you, Sadie! That's true; it is easy to remove and I can always replace it if I see it was a mistake. I appreciate your insight! Thank you, Kathie. I love that answer. Finishing this dollhouse has been so much fun! will check out the other houses to get some ideas. I love this forum for all the advice and support!
  9. Thank you, Kathie. I love that answer. Finishing this dollhouse has been so much fun! will check out the other houses to get some ideas. I love this forum for all the advice and support!
  10. I had a beautiful dollhouse built for me and it has a heavy hinged roof. I'm not sure if I want to keep this but I was told it was important to keep the roof line intact. I've seen other houses without it. Could you please let me know if I am making a mistake removing this piece? I've included a picture of the front and back with the hinged roof closed and opened. Thank you!
  11. Love the slanted basement door! That will fit my "farmhouse" perfectly. Do dollhouse supply stores sell the u-shaped molding strips? Thanks!
  12. The wiring for my dollhouse runs along the edges of the dollhouse and over to a powers-strip on the side. First of all, what kind of moulding can I use to cover the wires to finish the outside edges. And secondly, what kind of camouflage or structures have you used to hide the power-strip? Any ideas that worked for you would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  13. Yes, this makes perfect sense! And I feel most comfortable with this method. Thanks for the back-up!
  14. Thank you all for the help! I feel a lot better about this, now. This site is the best!!