Nathaliedollsmini

Silver Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Nathaliedollsmini

1. What an awesome work !!!!!!!!!!!!! your character is perfect and the apothecary magnificent !
  2. wow your china painting is one of the best I've ever seen!!!!
  3. oh Karin! I love the Cyrene and Marie Catherine? mold, They have such a nice face! wonderful dolls to come!!!
  4. Gipsy convention held in february , look at this , it may give you ideas! http://www.minidolllist.com/2018/2018%20Convention/2018%20convention%20home%20page.html
  5. Hey Rebecca, you should not give up! Making dolls is as hard and difficult as making a building or a wagon , you are just not comfortable by now ! You can try to recover your dolls part with polymer clay again, some liquid polymer clay may help you to bond with the baked parts. You smooth with your fingers before baking, and bake at the right temperature long enough. If the 3D skeleton bears it, you should give it a try, it is worth your previous efforts! I'm sure you will manage to have your gipsy !!
  6. if I understand well, you have a skeleton in 3D print that you covered with polymer clay to have the shape you want, right? I had the experience of broking my finished doll with prosculpt, I baked it several times because I needed to make different parts step by step and at the very end, once dressed, wigged and ready to show, the arm broke . I asked to my friend who is more professionnal than me with polymer clay and she told me that I didn't bake it enough at the right temperature and for a long time. Maybe your issue is due because of the brand of the polymer clay, you may find some help on you tube at the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv6qOpdE_OU she has very helpuf tips to choose your polymerclay brand. I hope you will manage to save your gipsy !!!!!
  7. I don't know much about this paper, but if it's possible to print on it with your regular printer, why not trying? But once printed you have to seal the image with triple thick glaze or modpodge. I also used to play with my pearl ex pigments for the back of the wings mixed with the triple thick, it gives nice shine and it shows thru a little bit at the front.
  8. http ://www.jennifersprintables.com/printables1.html great website (you cannot click on the link above, remove the space between the http and the : ) you have large source there, 3 pages, you can print them and have nice results; I use this website for years!
  9. Hello Jeannine, Pergamano may not be the right word for what I meant, velum paper seems to be the right one. You know the paper that you use to copy a drawing by transparency? you can use one that is thicker in your printer and you print for example butterfly wings. When ink is dry you put a thin layer of 3D gloss or sakura or modpodge (never use that for myself) to protect the printing, then you customize your wings , glue beads, sparkle, anything that you want! I strengthen the wings by adding a thin matching metal wire long enough to attach to the doll and that's it.
  10. what size is the doll? looks very interesting !
  11. Nathaliedollsmini

Wallpaper!

the difference is quite good, and was it easy to glue on your wall ? did you make the print yourself? I love it ! can't wait to see it in progress again
  12. Yes I did , Karin! the Third ones are made with angelina film, with a pattern that I made myself , I glued some sparkle, no hole beads and everything that could remind ice fairy. The fifth ones are made from a wing sheet I bought in a show in Italy, it was a plastic , I added angelina at the back, embossed them with heat gun (very lightly!!) to have the nice changing colors and customize them. I also made wings for my angels, with feathers, I cut the feather at the size I want, glue them on a cardboard shape I made to have exactly what I want. Time consuming but real great effect !!!
  13. you can also go to you tube and type fairy wings; you have Celidonia working at 1.12th scale who makes wings from different material and it's very easy to follow. I don't know how to put the link here, when I do the picture takes all the forum page!
  14. Thank you for your feedback @miniaddicted I will exhibit and make a corset workshop for the second time at the Miniature show as an artisan, and of course I can't visit the other ones to my regrets! But with the size of the Bishop show it requires more than a day to visit all 3. I hope to see some of you neverthless !! ;-)
  15. I used Angelina films for fantasy wings, it's funny but pretty hard to use for my taste. You have a nice tutorial here very well explained https://www.cdhm.org/tutorials/making-fairy-wings.html here are the fairies I made with this tutorial and angelina film in the first 3 pictures I loved to use the pergamano paper to make wing and you print on it what you want. I used the same tutorial as above but without burning the material as it is not required!! I bought several wing sheets from her http://www.ooakartistemporium.com/WingSheets.html and the result is perfect! you can see that on the following ones the most difficult part is to attach the wings to the porcelain bodies. As you pour your own dolls, I suggest you to make 2 tiny holes in the back so that you can pick the wings . For me I always have to figure out to make the outfit thinking how to fix the wings first and do the bodice! pretty hard everytime!
  16. Nice work everyone! we are all very busy these days! As love to make mini projects, here are my latest creations, Venetian masks are my fun part, everything is possible and pinterest is such a big treasure to find ideas! They all sculpted in polymer clay and painted with acrylic or pearl ex.
  17. Sounds good Karin!!! I wish that days were more than 24 hours too !!!! I've finished my samples for my workshop at the Miniature show. Now time to go to something else, time is running out !!
  18. Karin, I use blank dolls as I have no kiln (to my despair...or not ! reading the issues with a kiln!) anyway. I'm always frustated by the blank kits as they aren't exactly the way I want, so I add some epoxy putty to change the shape or add heels to my feet. For the painting I only paint with acrylic paints, I know it is not the best way for purist's porcelain lovers, but it allows me to have the face I want! I've tried cold porcelain paint but it's thicky and I'm not comfortable as I am with acrylics. I paint my dolls since 2008 and I took several classes to improve myself, now I can tell that I love the way I paint and I can paint what I want. But I worked a lot to achieve that skill!
  19. I exhibit there at Xmas since 2014 and go there since 2011 as a visitor. I've never see in Europe a bigger show with top quality artisans. Magic is everywhere ! Definitely worth it !
  20. Karin ! What a lovely work ! Your porcelain pieces are beautiful but your painting enhanced them all for sure , very delicate, I love it !