• Dollhouse Building Experience None
  • Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Bill

Recent Profile Visitors

518 profile views
  1. Postal teller - more progress

Amazing as usual Brae!    Thank you for your staining tip! I've been trying out various paints or stains with mixed success. I also end up with grain showing through the paint. I'll try your process and see if I can improve  Is there a paint/stain medium ratio that you follow? Thanks! Bill  
  2. Entrance to the kitchen

The look is totally amazing! Excellent job Sir!
  3. Stop chain and spring

Holy Cow Brae! That is some seriously amazing detail! All I can say is "WOW"
  4. Making Arched Windows?

I'm not sure this would be of any help but the folks who build wooden ship models use a "plank Bender". There are a few styles out there.  https://modelexpo-online.com/search.asp?keyword=plank+bender&search= Again, just tossing it out there  Bill  
  5. Travel Trailer Screen Door

Thank you!
  6. Travel Trailer Screen Door

Thank you both! 
  7. Travel Trailer Screen Door

Thank you Kathie!    I must be the only person on earth who had never heard of Tulle   I never had the need to make a Tutu!
  8. Travel Trailer Screen Door

From the album Greenleaf Travel Trailer

Next on the list was the screen door. I wasn't going to have one but every photo I came across showed one. Okay. The challenge came to finding scale screen material. Brae had shared what she used for her screen door but I could not find it locally. I hunted everywhere. Luckily at Michaels the associate showed me Tulle. It looked good to me!  I made two frames and sandwiched the Tulle between them. Then painted aluminum. It didn't turn out half bad. 
  9. Turning plastic into iron

Brae that looks amazing! You nailed the iron look:)  I'm going to have to try my hand at stippling something and see if I can do it! Bill    
  10. Painting

It's amazing what one can accomplish with laser focus and zero distractions!  
  11. Matboard

Okay I completely missed the fact that Keifer's kitchen was made from mat board!  Count me in on wanting to learn how to do the same!
  12. Painting

Kells I have actually started experimenting doing that. During the Amazon Prime sales I ended up getting some laser cut wood kits that require no glue. One is a movie camera that actually projects a mini movie of Charlie Chaplain dancing! When I would get frustrated with the trailer I would do a few steps on the camera. The trick for me would be one big project and one small. I think I would get overloaded with two big ones going on at the same time!
  13. Painting

Well that's a relief  Can I assume the longer a project takes, does the quality of work start to slide down as one starts to hurry it's completion? I imagine putting one's heart and soul into every detail to get it just right. But, as time goes on, do you start finding yourself becoming less creative/ambitious in what you wanted to do just to hurry it on? I do see myself falling into that category at times.   
  14. Painting

Okay that's a relief! 
  15. Painting

Thank you Bobie! I was looking at your gallery photos of your awesome trailer just today! I was telling myself " look.....this is what one of these looks like FINISHED I've really learned a lot doing the trailer but sometimes I wish it was finished. Does that make me a bad person?