sara_lee

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by sara_lee

1. sara_lee

Floor plan

From the album: Sara's Willowcrest!

First floor: Entry area, dining room, music room Second floor: Bathroom, bedroom, hallway/staircase area Third floor: Kitchen
  2. Thanks! I was actually worried about the opposite- because scenic landscape items tend to be at largest 1:24 scale or 1:20 scale, I was afraid the grass might be too flat, but it looks perfectly fine. You can even buy a special leaf blower to blow the loose leaves around.
  3. That looks pretty realistic! Did you make the slightly uneven soil underneath to give it more texture?
  4. sara_lee

Bathroom

I really like the embossed ceiling. Good job on the bathroom!
  5. I really like the door and the stained glass window
  6. This is a somewhat silly question, but I've had problems finding realistic fake grass turf, and I noticed some very nice ones in photos on this forum and online. Currently what I use is either flat grass sheets, which look way too uniform in colour and shape, or paint a layer of green and brown with Folk Art dimensional "Moss" paint and some acrylics. The effect is pretty realistic, but where do people get those cute fake moss turfs from? I've also been using treated reindeer moss as bushes. Will they dry out and turn brown? If anyone has experimented with making ponds, I would be very interested to know how they did it. I made my 'water' with clear resin mixed with green, but I'm keen to make them more realistic and natural looking. Thanks in advance.
  7. The exterior is very, very pretty. Did you make the stone bricks yourself? They are beautiful. I'm really glad you showed me this version. I think I might get a Willow one day and do a spin on the concept. Thank you
  8. This is such a pretty house. Good find!