Bob Hood

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Bob Hood

1. Bob Hood

Finished cabinet

My hat is off to you. I know how much time and effort go into the level of detail you work in. My i ask what line of work your real life takes. Please add more to your album.
  2. That kitty has made it's self a home. I am staying out of trouble Great Job, Great Detail
  3. Hi Lavonne.......How about a little more info about how you applied the paste and the process. Most things do disappear except for the occasional wrinkle. Also have you wallpapered any full sized walls.
  4. Hi Janet...........I have one rule when it comes to trim. I think in one inch scale and i also look at real house trim to convert to 1:12 sizes. I use this approach for all my interior construction. Think in scale Don't know if this is much help but it works for me.
  5. I think all the detail and items a wonderful. Is there a way to keep dust out. My wife and I have to spend a day every six months cleaning.
  6. HI Janet.............Do this and you will be an expert https://youtu.be/3JhCa3-Bc_o Everything In The World Is Outhere
  7. I really would like to know the how about this project. Live long and proper. Tell about the equipment and process. Is the truth really out there.
  8. Hi Janet.............I do..........Just a trusty old fashioned glass cutter. Have to use some WD40 on it and a nice Rod to lay the glass over for the snap. Yes there is some waste.
  9. Hi Janet............If you look at my album I have used almost found material. Old Paneling fit and lined for flooring. Pine from yard sale shelves. Construction site plywood and T1-11 for mane construction. Actual reclaimed window glass for window panes in library and dinning room. Stones picked up from gravel pit near my home. Yard sale cedar and redwood material run through on my mini saw mill.
  10. I use a variety of wood on my projects. I keep mini lumber rack of material. One thing that i do is a little unusual. I set up a jig on my band saw and create my own mini saw mill. When i find something i may want to use i can create boards and dimensional limber. I always keep my eye open for material
  11. Hi Andrea..............Where did you get the scrollwork for the beds. Looks like the project will be really special. Upon completion what are your plans for the cottage?
  12. I use a good sharp set of wire cutters so my hands held up well
  13. As a matter of fact after hours of nipping the tips off those sticks, the dollhouse roof WAS piece of cake. After i found out the secret of laying out the roof shingle lines I enjoyed the process. I would watch TV and nip. The whole thing started as a lark one day while entertaining my granddaughter, before i knew it I was hooked. After completing each piece i wrote short stories about the animals. The stories are part of a larger writing hobby. If you haven't noticed already I never let a misspelled word get in the way of a good story. Thanks Yall
  14. What a perfect oven and fire...I can feel the heat
  15. Holly.........I haven't worked on these for about a year. I have drawings for a Fox and a Hawk. Plenty of ideas and hopefully lots of time. My granddaughter and i have spent a lot of time fishing together.
  16. Hi Bill.........This is a great site. I have only been a member since Friday. Lots of good advise and good cheer. I started my house in 1972 and finished it about three years ago. I am working on my lights now. The only advise i can give at this time is not to get too tired when you are working on your house. Good luck
  17. A few years ago I started working with this and they turned out like this
  18. Holly......... You almost got me. I looked up that brayer tool and that's a great idea. I never heard of that tool. You Go Thanks for your help
  19. The best advise I can give is to be vary sparing in the use of your glue to add the clear plastic. I sometimes use a toothpick. After all the windows are dry than I set about inserting the window frames, again use small amount of glue. Good Luck
  20. Sorry for the joke some times I go off the rails.
  21. Hi Amanda..........My wife Margo is in the same position as you. We are just now assessing the project. Try to attach a pic as soon as you can. Good Luck
  22. Bob Hood

100_4086.JPG

I purchased it on eBay for $10
  23. Bob Hood

100_4087.JPG

The ladder was put together with a rail to slide and my wife's mothers small blue buttons for wheels. The bookcase was a remake out of a shadow box.
  24. Bob Hood

100_4091.JPG

My wife Margo does most of the decorating and I am the builder. Together we have a great time.