• Member Title
    Silver Dollar

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Three
  • Real Name
    Robert

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Hi Carolyn........Oh Yes I did this to all my lamps. Just follow the instructions that come with the plugs. Make sure you get the mini sockets that go with the plugs. You can go to my photos to see examples.
  2. Fireplace is removable, built on platform FROM THE ALBUM: Bob Hood (35 images)
  3. Hi Coco...............I had the same problem. I could not keep the junction splice tight and the plugin to the junction always had just a little play in it. My final solution was to take two small brass screws and make a perminate connection between the transformer wire and the tape wire. This does away with the problem. I will cut the wire if i have to move and use small wirenuts to put it back together. The wiring and lamp plugs were the most difficult area of my build. Good Luck
  4. 100_4342.JPG fROM THE ALBUM: Bob Hood This from my High Kitchen.... What do you think
  5. Hi Simon...………..I did the plug swap on all my lamps. Used the small plugs and sockets from Cir Kit. I used the tape wire and pounded in the small sockets. Put about 24 wall sockets in my house. Very difficult to get them all working. Good Luck BOB
  6. Hi Andy...….. I went with Cir Kit directly from their web site. One really important was that I was able to get some real support from the staff. In addition to the kits, they will supply the lighting and tools. Good luck, I only electrified one house but get back to me if you want advise. Silver Dollar Over
  7. Hi Mike...…….Anyone who knows me knows I never let my spelling get in the way of a good store. It takes a while to finalize my short stories. That was funny. Later
  8. Hi Kim..….Try raping the eyelet about four times with some bare miniature lamp wire also take a small piece about half inch bare wire shaped like a hockey stick put in your eyelet hole. This combo will titin the hole and your bare wrap around the eyelet should make contact with your tape. If you think the eyelet still wont stay in stick some more wire in the hole as additional shim. Just my two cents Silver Dollar Out
  9. Hi Ash...…..The first thing I would think about doing would be to create a small fur overcoat with hat and mittens. As for the flooring issue, how about making a half inch raised platform area that comes out square into the room and goes all the way back into the porch area behind the wall. Then I would construct a railing around the new raised area to create a new reading nook. Good Luck Silver Dollar Out
  10. Hi Lita …….. I was wondering how you are doing and if you tried to make those sanding sticks. Silver Dollar Out
  11. Hi Lita…….. I used MDF siding on my house. I used a latex semi gloss. Thinned it out some. Put on about five or six coats with fine sanding in-between each coat. I made a set of sanding sticks. Take a popscickel stick and cut it on a 45 angle, glue fine sandpaper to it and than trim off excess after it is dry. Was just perfect for the sanding. came out perfect Have patience.
  12. Hi Lita.………….I took photos of each room and included a note card in each pic with measurements. This makes a perfect record for you and however ends up with the house. I took over a dozen of this type of picture. One other practice is to place your wall tape at a consistent height off the floor in each room. Follow the good illustrations available on line. The electrical work was the most challenging part of my build. Good Luck Silver Dollar Over and Out
  13. Genevra….Many years ago I designed my dollhouse so that it would fit in limited space and have adequate room sizes for play and re arrangement. If you look at my album you will see that my rooms are very much individual and could almost be constructed as you are planning. I look forward to your postings. Good luck continue thinking out of the box. Silver Dollar Out
  14. Dear Pam...….I must admit that I have never installed tape wire in a house that had all four finished sides, however, I have done some extensive reading on the subject. Take note of the wiring method in my album. What ever you take photos with a ruler so you know where your tape is. You can make a right or left turn by using a folded corner. Make sure all your brad fastened joints are double bradded or if using small eyelets, use double. You may want to run your upper tape under the flooring. Keep in mind you may be able to make your flooring so it can be slid out to make repairs. Tape wire can be run under wallpaper, however, you would be well served to run it near an outside edge where it could be hidden by trim or at least where you could replace a narrow strip if required. Bradded intersections are a real trouble area. Less is best. I whish I could be of better assistance. Take your time when planning your wiring and take lots of photos. Search on line for alterative intersection connections. Silver Dollar Out