About MAMAW PATTY

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Four
  • Real Name
    Patty

Recent Profile Visitors

328 profile views
  1. Always happy to hear from another Texan! I'm making it up as I go, really! I complete a part and then an idea will occur and I add something. We'll have to see what happens! LOL! BTW! The Bluebonnets were beautiful, this year! Lots of Indian Paintbrushes to accent. The Denison Dam on the Red River didn't disappoint. The area was blanketed with red and blue! Thanks for the shout out! Y'all have a great weekend! I'm fixin ta git busy! Sending love from home!
  2. MAMAW PATTY

Sunbathing

I absolutely love dragons! He is so sweet!
  3. MAMAW PATTY

Mamaw Patty

My houses, so far!
  4. I wanted to build two bunks, for three, but I ran out of time. The ramp was an afterthought, when I realized that he would not be able to drive his vehicles into the garage. I'm not overly happy with the hinges, though. Would have liked to hide them. But, it needed to be sturdy. This way, he can close it up and turn it around, when he is not playing with it. Keeps their cats, out, LOL! I didn't put window panes and doors, because, well, it is to play with and boys can get a little rough with their toys. He did add a little something of his own to it. You can see the numbers written on the wood, across the back. That's the street address! His Mom nearly flipped! Haha! I reminded her that it is his and it needed a street address. It was perfectly fine for him to fix that oversight! I am still creating a few things for his garage and little office. And he wants me to build a gun rack for the weapons. Still thinking on that one! I am pleased with how it turned out. I built it to last. Every seam is reinforced. The paint is washable with a damp cloth and it's a nice grade plywood. His kids will probably be able to play with it. I scoured the internet for a suitable dollhouse for boys. I never found one that I thought was right. This one is my own, built from scratch, for a very sweet kid that loves his Mamaw. Can't best that!
  5. Thank you for the kind words. He does really like it, that was the goal!
  6. I bought balsa for the siding. I also thought that I might paint it before I put it on, just to keep it tidy. I checked the fit and it works well with the windows. You helped me make a decision! I am in the process of painting the window sashes before gluing them in place. Then, I'll do the siding. Thank you!
  7. Note, the weapons leaning on the wall! LOL!
  8. He was very interested in the dollhouses and asked me to build a guy house. I built it for 1:12 scale furniture. I've tried to put a pic of the front but I'm having a little trouble getting it to load. Anyway, this is my scratch house. If I can figure out what I'm doing wrong, I'll post pics of the Greenleaf house, too. And the 25+ year old one that I built for his mom. Which I think is also Greenleaf. But I don't remember what it was called.
  9. I am working on the Lily. I want to put siding on it. My question is, is it better to do the siding during construction or at the end? Any tips would be helpful. I have put the wallpaper on the main walls. I felt it would be better to do it before I actually assemble them as it would give me a nice flat surface to work with as opposed to trying to make it smooth in tight quarters.
  10. Keifer, as soon as it let's me, I'll post some pics. Feedback would be great, I could have done a few things differently to the guy house, but kinda ran outta time.
  11. I've got ideas. Hope they all work out. And thanks!
  12. I've got ideas. Hope they all work out. And thanks!
  13. My Oscars are red. I have them in a larger tank, now and they have grown to, almost as big as my hand. The first house that I built was so long ago that I don't know which one it is. I still have it but it has been remodeled and it doesn't look the same. I built the Arthur, for my granddaughter and the Orchid, for my great-niece. I am currently working on the Lily. I built a "guy house" for my grandson, from imagination and tricks that I learned from building the kits. I also built a Barbie house for my daughter, some 25 years ago. I am keeping this one for myself, so I am trying to take my time and make it special.