Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Amanda
  • Country
    Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thank you everyone for your help :) I've just bought my first kit which is a tiny greenhouse that I plan to make a garden /landscape around. I don't know the scale but the base will be less than 30cm. I'm not sure if I will ever do actual large dollhouses or just little scenes with landscape or maybe the rooms that have the front cut off if that makes sense haha. I may have to look at a display case ;)
  2. No worries :) I read never to use hot glue. That's why I'm a little out of my element haha.
  3. I feel this way about hot glue as I use it every day for my crafting. I am out of my element with white glue haha. I have regular Tacky and fast grab aleenes, super glue and e6000 so I should be set to get started ;)
  4. Hello all As a beginner I have what may be a silly question. I wonder how everyone displays their finished pieces. Is it advisable to get a glass or plastic case to protect from dust, put in a display cabinet or do you just leave them out to admire? I live on a busy road and I have a parrot so my small home becomes fairly dusty quite quickly. I couldn't imagine trying to dust a miniature I don't want to hide it away after all my hard work. What is your preferred method of display?
  5. Thank you for the help and welcome. I will definitely use the glue trick :)
  6. I will check out that website :) I overpaid a bit for this starter kit on amazon so I could have it quickly and instructions would hopefully be English haha. That sounds very convenient to be so close to the border!
  7. Thank you :) My kit arrives Tuesday. I am excited. I'm not sure where to display the finished piece just yet. My husbands first question was "where are you going to put that" he is supportive of my crafting obsession though haha.
  8. Perfect. I think I have some of that glue. Thank you for the help. I can't wait to get started when my kit arrives
  9. Thank you! I will get some regular Tacky glue as well. Is super glue best for gluing on small details like wire handles on drawers and little fixtures such as a faucet made of wire and beads?
  10. Hello everyone . I hope I am posting in the right spot. I am very new to miniatures as I have just ordered my first kit. I have a background in crafting, mainly sewing, tulle and vinyl work and I am very intrigued to try this new craft. I ordered a small greenhouse kit to get a feel for the hobby. I can't seem to upload a picture. It's the robotime greenhouse kit. I would love some suggestions on what glue to use. The kit consists of painted wood, paper, a bit of fabric work and wire accents. I have aleenes quick grab glue and some super glue. Would this be adequate? I am in Canada so access to supplies is a bit limited. Any tips for a beginner? Thank you very much!