• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Johanna

Recent Profile Visitors

481 profile views
  1. Johannala

bathroom.JPG

Wow! I've got to try that tutorial! Looks stunning!
  2. Johannala

Fireplace.JPG

It's beautiful! I love it!
  3. I decided to bite the bullet and buy it for 20 big ones! I figured I had nothing to lose. The man didn't know anything about it, but I thought it had good bones. I'll be working on it with my step-dad. Yay!
  4. 31"W x 22"D x 27"H. Oh, and one more pic! Does 27" high seem short? I keep comparing it to other dollhouses and they all seem taller — but maybe because there is no foundation? Also — how does one add a foundation?
  5. I'm not sure! Someone local to me is selling — and I thought it looked nicely built as well (albeit not quite my taste in colors)! I'm curious to know what it is so I can obsessively google image search, and spend the rest of the night renovating it in my head! ;)
  6. Hi everyone! Wondering if any of you know what dollhouse this is....? Thank you
  7. Wish I was in Napa! I'm new here too! Looking forward to seeing your progress!
  8. What a wonderful transformation! I just love the built-ins around the fireplace! I should be doing something small, but of course, everything that's really speaking to me is gigantic and ridiculously inappropriate. Luckily I won't be working on the actual house in my tiny apartment. My mom is letting me work on it in her suburban spare room. With Summer on its way (and the city smelling increasingly like urine and hot garbage), I think i'll be spending a lot of time out there!
  9. Their brick and mortar shop is closed now! (The city is just one giant CVS and Chase bank at this point, unfortunately). I know some really awesome stores in New Jersey though that I will definitely be checking out soon!
  10. Hi, everyone! My name is Johanna, hailing from the Upper West Side of Manhattan! I recently decided that I wanted to renovate a dollhouse after I ran out of places to decorate in my very tiny (but not quite miniature) apartment. I've actually always loved dollhouses and miniatures in general. I was constantly making dioramas and creating pseudo dollhouses in my cupboards. I frequently visited the Minature Museum at the Nassau County Museum of Art as a kid and was always taken by the incredible creations. And whilst I did have a fairly impressive Playmobil dollhouse as a kid (and clearly remember my parents making it out to be a very big deal), I couldn't help but want a REAL wooden house like my neighbor Dara had! So here I am now, at 29 — it's time for my dollhouse! I have spent the past 4 days lurking around this lovely forum, trying to figure out what style I want to work with. I've been scanning Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace to see if I can rescue a blast-from-the-past, but I haven't found "the one" just yet. I'll keep you posted! So excited to learn from all of you. I'm blown away by your talents!