2 Neutral

About Mermaid84

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Annette

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thank you so much. Yes the walls are nailed from the floor beneath and from the roof above. Looks like there are about 5 nails in total. How would I soften the glue? I’m prepared to refinish the entire house. Thankfully, the previous owners never installed floors.
  2. I bought a dollhouse from someone who was selling theirs on Facebook. The dollhouse is in great condition. I believe it’s a Real Good Toys dollhouse but I’m not too sure about that. I wasn’t able to find pictures of another one like it online. However, I don’t like where two of the walls were placed by the previous owner. The house has two dormer windows upstairs but you can only see one from the back view because the walls are blocking it. There’s currently 3 rooms upstairs, but only one of those rooms has a window you could see. I’d like to remove those two walls and move them so that the window shows and there’s more natural light coming into the home. I’m currently building the Washington dollhouse from the kit, but I’ve never done a restoration or rehab. Does anyone have any tips on how to remove these walls without damaging the house? They were installed with a few nails and I’m not sure what kind of glue, but I have a feeling it was probably wood glue. It was built in the early 90’s. Thanks in advance.
  3. Help! I’m refurbishing a Washington house that is already put together. Everything but the roof is attached. But the house foundation isn’t level and the house rocks back and forth. I scraped off the old siding. But I feel like the house should be level before I do anything else to it. Has anyone run into this problem before? I measured the walls of the foundation. They’re all 5 cm long. I don’t really know what the problem is. Can anyone offer some advice on how to fix it?