3 Neutral

About galenagal

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Jan

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Hello CJ Sumlin ... I welcome YOU as a newcomer too (of sorts). I am working on a dollhouse I started in '87 or '88, but am determined to finish it this year. Everyone on this site is so welcoming... you will hear from them soon! I am not an expert by any means, but I would share any of my ups and downs of building with you. My newest adventure is buying a jointed 5'5" (in 1:12 terms meaning one inch equals one foot) doll. She is naked and wigless, so will be great dressing (going to try and make her clothing). I just bought 2 wigs (hard to find) so that I can change her appearance. Wish me luck on that! Good Luck in your building, and listen to the experts on this site... they have the experience and knowledge that leaves me in awe. galena gal
  2. Hello again from NYS... Thanks to all for your input and info about wigs for my doll... I haven't received the ones yet from Kemper Supplies, but I am having 'big' thoughts of how I will style them (retired hairdresser)! My family is coming this weekend for late holiday so won't be online for a week or so. I love that so many have included me, and will be back online soon. Great Site! galenagal
  3. Hello... I joined last April but haven't had or made the time to get back to this site. I bought a 9-room dollhouse kit in 1987 or '88 called "The Franklin". It had 3 floors and a large wrap-around porch. Health and other problems seemed to keep me from starting to assemble it until the mid 90s. I had the main framework completed when we had a house fire in 2008. Fortunately, the dollhouse was not damaged and my son wrapped it up in plywood and sealed it thoroughly. It was stored first in our barn and then in our home for the next 10 years. In all the years since purchasing it, I had bought most furnishings (everything) and stored them in boxes and boxes! In 2018, I finally unwrapped it and started working on it. It is not finished yet! But, I'm determined to do so before I die! I love anything miniature and am working on doing a jointed doll that is equivalent to 5'5". She is naked and no hair! That is why I am asking about wigs on this forum. I want to be able to remove and switch natural colored wigs on her... maybe even make some myself. I thank everyone for the answers they have given me to my question today. I did find a site called "Kempers" and have ordered a couple tiny wigs just to see how they will work. I have copied information I found on care, etc. for doll wigs. I hope to hear from others who are doing dollhouses and dolls who fit in them, and their stories. galenagal
  4. Happy New Year Everyone! I'm trying to find tiny wigs to fit 1:12 dollhouse family. Does anyone know of a site? galenagal