0 Neutral

About amymeenieminymo

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Amy

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thank you all! These are great tips. I never thought about doing an embossed design. I'll have to check those out. And thanks for the prepping tip for painting :)
  2. Hi all, I am new here and I don't know a lot about dollhouses, but just reading some of the threads has me all excited to get started. I have a beautiful dollhouse from childhood that my dad fixed up for me. I think he got it from a garage sale, pretty basic, particle board I think. He made and painted individual pieces of siding and roof shingles to cover the boring painted-on house exterior and also added shudders. I had so much fun with that house as a kid, and now I want to freshen it up for my daughter. The inside walls and floors just have painted on wallpaper and floor patterns, and I got some great tips from other posts for putting wallpaper over it with scrapbook paper. But I discovered today that I had drawn a large (and ugly) flower on one of the ceilings when I was a kid. How do I cover this? The ceiling is the particle board material, but not shiny and smooth like the walls, it has some texture. Obviously, real houses don't have wallpaper on the ceiling, so that won't work, so I'm guessing I should paint over it? Of course, that means painting all the ceilings to match but that's fine. Any recommendations on the type of paint to use? Thank you!