Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Leigh

Recent Profile Visitors

387 profile views
  1. I love this idea... and gave plenty of chalk pastels!
  2. I tried some glazing on test samples, and got a fairly good response... but I’m not prepared to go full-in yet. I’m needing to settle on the look and degree of aging. I’m planning on starting conservatively by just adding some dark shades in the corners where dust might naturally collect. Or I might chicken out afraid I will ruin TnecwLlpaper already pasted to the wall.
  3. You all are the best! Thanks for the great advice and links!
  4. There really is something about bringing an old house back to life... I agree. It’s kind of like being connected to it’s history. Maybe that’s how those art historians feel when they painstakingly restore old paintings in museums by the great masters. I plan on posting photos once I am given clearance
  5. Yep. I sure did take before and after pictures. I tried posting, but was having trouble. I figured it was probably because I was new. Your post confirmed for me the reason. So, I will make 5 posts so I can level up and get some pictures posted. It might take me a bit to learn the ropes in this forum, but I’m so inspired by all the creative artists around here. I just had to join!
  6. I’m looking to age wallpaper, by adding color to specific spots or areas that would naturally age over time. Any tips for a newbie?
  7. I’m brand new to dollhouses. I’ve recently become drawn to giving new life to old dollhouses, after buying a dirty, basic -styled house at a flea market for $20. When I saw it at the flea market, I thought about how someone once took a lot of time to make that house for a loved one...yet the passage of time had caused it to become an over-looked object of little to no value. I wanted to pay respect to the house and the unknown person who once took the time to build it for someone or some reason. So, I decided to buy it. I vowed that I would one day fix it up. With absolutely zero experience in miniatures or dollhouses, I went with the basic style to create the look of Jamestown colonial. I’m satisfied with my first attempt, despite having no idea what I was doing. I’ve just started my second dollhouse transformation . What was once a dilapidated Greenleaf Orchid given to me by a family member, I’m currently turning it into an “aged” stone Tudor.