2 Neutral

About Kate Grohe

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Kate

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Holly. Thanks for your response. I was aware where not to prime where glue would go. Do I have to prime the ceiling or floor, which is flat Masonite if wiring is going over a small area? I haven't decided if I am painting, papering or adding something else to finish the ceilings regardless if the walls are papered. Also I plan to add all the molding prior to wallpapering but keeping things moving is a very slow process.
  2. Kate I have found the comments helpful but no one mentions priming the wood doll house. Do you have to prime the wood prior to installing tape wire or prime after? Have not electrified a house before. It's the S/W Country Estate House I started in 82 and have been working on the past 2 summers.
  3. Hi, My name is Kate & I live in NJ. I started 35 years ago making 2 houses of which I completed 1, in balsa wood & furnished with plastic furniture from Woolworth's for my young nieces . The "Country Estate Doll House" was put away after the 2nd floor got assembled.. 8 years ago my neighbor re-sparked my doll house interest when he gave me his wife's dollhouse that was built & electrified in 1927, by her father. He & his wife updated the the house in the 70's after their girls finished playing with it and did an amazing job. The wallpapered it, added crown molding, wains coating and top end furnishings, art work etc. Over the past 8 years I have restored & furnished 2 & built 1 more of balsa house. These houses I have painted, wall papered, cut crown molding & base board trim. Also took a summer to shingle the roof with 650, pieces of cedar shake. I have used miniature print craft paper that I had laminated to make a kitchen linoleum floor that looks great! I am now ready to tackle the Country Estate House. I am concerned about electrifying for the house, as I have no experience for it. So any help and suggestion as to how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.