Beesy

Silver Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Beesy

1. Thanks Shannon. WOW another from down under in Victoria. Great to know.
  2. Thanks Terry. Yes I agree and I am finding so much info already. Terrific.
  3. Thank you Mike, love the little Koala!!
  4. Hi Terry, Yes I thought of that also. Never done it before/ Do you then just stick them in when you have decorated them? Thanks for the info.
  5. Hi Zelda, Good to hear about Grosvenor Hall. Yes I intend to get the basement in due course. That was so interesting about the old blog by miniaturemanorbyvivian.blogspot.com. I might try and find it as it would be so great to see how the decoration was done and very helpful too. Wish me luck. Thank you very much.
  6. Thanks Holly, Yes I have now realised this BIG error!!!
  7. Accidently entered a new topic twice in the General Chat site. How do I eliminate one of them please?
  8. Hi, I am presently building Grosvenor Hall. kit. Has anyone built this one? The main house has 12 rooms then you can buy the basement which has another 5 rooms including the kitchen and which I have not got yet so am just working on the main part of the house, but because it is my first ever dollhouse build I have made some bad mistakes, like going ahead with gluing it together before applying any internal finishes wallpaper and moulding for starters, so now have to add these things in a very tight space. I am certainly learning the hard way though, but still loving it all.
  9. Thanks again Sable, yes I am asking that, but to solder round wires into the candle base up near and behind the 2 pin plug the part (where the bi-pin globe plugs into) you would need some wires there already wouldn't you? I wonder if these candles with bi-pin slots are already somehow wired so that would then give you something to solder onto. I have never seen inside the thin candle with a bi-pin plug in it though.
  10. Thank you Rebecca. Yes I know!!! I am already addicted so no hope. I also know Geelong as have friends there and have been to New Zealand. A beautiful place and have been there twice. Love it.
  11. Thanks Sable. The problem is not that I cannot pull out the globes (I can) , it is after I do that I need to then pull off the candle holder (where the bi-pin bulbs plug into) so I can rewire the whole light and I don't know how to rewire a light with a bi-pin slot from behind where the two holes the globe goes into. How is this done?
  12. Hello, I live in Victoria Australia, and very happy to have found Greenleaf. I am building my first dollhouse for my granddaughter, but I am getting more and more excited with the project and now thinking also as a collector and she is enjoying the project with me also at 6 years of age. I can see I am going to get lots of help from Greenleaf and all the forums and you wonderful people. I think it is marvellous.
  13. Thanks holly for the welcome. I just tried to post in the New Members Forum but it didn't seem to go on but instead is on a blog so have asked for some help with that. That is interesting about the GOW so maybe I have the GOR type as they are mighty small and so are the candle holders too. Glad if I can get some help.
  14. I know the topic is Round wire fun, but since my problem is related to round wire lighting I will add this here and sorry if wrong area. I have 4 beautiful wall sconces each with 2 candles. They are gold plated and from the Georgian era which I am using with this my first house. The problem is they won't work, none of them. I contacted where I brought them from but they won't answer but one person from another shop did and said these light are discontinued but she sells these last ones and she has totally rewired them but I don't know how to do it. The globes are minute, really very tiny and I think are possibly the GOW type not the GOR type and are bi-pin so the top of the candle holder has a bi-pin connection. If I take off the outside candle holder and try and rewire the light where do the wires and the ends of the globes connect? Do I just leave the wires loose up inside the candle holder frame so the wires from the globe will hopefully hit them?? It doesn't sound right.