Deborah C

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Posts posted by Deborah C

1. There’s this group of various House of Miniatures and Dura Craft kits (looks like 13 or 14), two how-to books and four books of wallpaper/floor coverings. All for the low, low price of $250 CDN (actually, the per unit price isn’t bad).

It’s local to me, but that’s more than I want to pay at one time. I am thinking of seeing if they’d break up the whole kit-n-kaboodle. All I would want are the HoM kits. (They’d go with the Beacon Hill, not the Westville). Anyway, just thinking out loud.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/terracebuyandsell/permalink/2203086056422386?sale_post_id=2203086056422386&sfns=mo

2. I’ve said that I want a Greenleaf Westville as my first dollhouse. That is still true. However, I just bought a Greenleaf Beacon Hill for $100 Canadian through my local Buy and Sell! The BH is second on my list, but there was no way I could turn it down. AND it was only 100km away (note: I live in BFE British Columbia).

I'm so excited!

• Like 6
  3. 4 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Unfortunately, that is a great deal, and I seldom see Beacon Hills at such a great price. An 8 hour drive is terrible. Sorry Deborah.

If it were even half the distance I would do it, but gas is just to damned expensive and makes it not worthwhile. 

• Like 1
  4. On 2018-12-04, 1:22:55, shannonc60 said:

This is what we have to deal with:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dollhouse-Wallpaper-Decorative-Tile-Wall-or-Floor-Dollhouse-Miniature/183293673989?hash=item2aad278205:g:jWYAAOSw8fRbMyxH

$55aud for a single sheet of printed miniature floor tiles. I am not sure if anyone ever buys this stuff, but this is quite common on Ebay. Ridiculous. And weirdly, the seller is simplybestprices.....

I wonder if they ever get any buyers with such ridiculous prices.

• Like 1
  5. On 2018-10-14, 2:24:56, fov said:

Sadly even after I said that I wanted to see the wall that had the bay windows on it, the seller resent me the picture of the side of the house (with the plexiglass) and insisted that was "the front", so I guess we'll never know what it looks like. :(

In other news, the rare (and huge) Carlson's Mansion is still available in Berkeley: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/clt/d/increbible-dollhouse-mansion/6710204397.html

That Berkeley house is beautiful.

6. 6 hours ago, Sable said:

37 pieces of silver miniatures. This auction house is not far from me. I may have to take a ride and have a look. I fell in love with a 17th century silver chandelier in Amsterdam but the price was prohibited. Maybe this collection will be more in my budget. I need to ask where it was all made and when. 

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/65674706_37p-miniature-silver-furniture-antique-diorama-set

Holy crow! There are some beautiful items in that box.

7. One of the reasons it’s taken me over two decades to get back into building dollhouses is the lack of a space I can close off from the cats (I had four and I’m now down to two due to deaths in the last couple years). I also am in the midst of a long distance move that will end with me having a craft/computer room. Yay!

PS: that’s an awesome photo, Carrie!

• Like 2
  8. Thank you both for the warm welcome!

Holly, thank you for the book recommendation, I’ve added it to my wish list as well as her other books. They all look really helpful.

As for the Westville, I’ve done some research on it (I love researching stuff).   Greenleaf’s claim about it being a catalogue house isn’t true. The original house was built in the 1860s or so, long before catalogue houses were available (1900 or so). I have a few photos of it, posted on Pinterest, that we’re taken in the 1950s, including a couple interior photos. I was so stoked to find those! I don’t know if sharing links to Pinterest is okay here or not, so if anyone wants to see let me know.

9. On 2018-09-18, 11:12:14, Debsrand56 said:

Another option would be https://www.amazon.com/TruePower-Speed-Cut-Off-2-Inch-colors/dp/B000VWHTUG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1537294125&sr=8-3&keywords=miniature+chop+saw  It is a little pricier than the Easy Cutter, but not much, and it could help speed up the process a bit.  Hard wood floors can be tedious, but are worth the effort, IMO.  (And I agree that having the floor slightly under the front door now is a good thing. The sticks will add depth.)

Holy crow, that’s over $100 on Amazon.ca. I think I’m going to have a mini shopping list next time I visit.

10. Hi folks, I’m Deborah and I live in northern British Columbia. I completed one dollhouse with my mum (Dura-Craft Newburg) many years ago. My current plan, but we know how those can change, is to do a Greenleaf Westville set vaguely in the 1930s-1940s. After that I’m thinking of doing a Beacon Hill (anyone else watch Teen Wolf?). Although I also want to do a Glencroft and a log cabin (based on Laura Ingalls little houses, that’s blamed on a, uh, thanks to a member here although I cant remember who it was).

So little time, so many little houses!

• Like 1
  11. On 2018-09-24, 7:19:59, Mid-life madness said:

I am working on the Willow by Greenleaf, and it has very deep rooms......You can do whatever modifications you want to your house. It is called 'bashing'......Try doing a google search. here is a really nice one http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=113310&browse=1

Wow! I’d swear I was looking at a real house in some of those photos.

• Like 1
  12. On 2018-09-09, 6:44:50, Keifer said:

It is a clarinet.  The company name is Monkeyjack.  I found it on Amazon, however this company sells everything under the sun so you have to be real specific with your search request.  I think they do have a flute.  

Thanks for the company name. They’re available on the Canadian site. I’m going to have fun digging through their inventory.

13. On 2017-11-18, 2:17:37, Samusa said:

So I haven't had any time for mini-ing because I've been working 12 hour days, 6 days a week.. but that has meant a bit of extra cash for mini extravagances. :D

I just bought this artisan made double sink set up. Spent way too much on it.. don't even care, because I love it. :drool2:

s-l1600.jpg

Oh, that’s gorgeous. Lucky you!

• Like 1