About openplace

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    https://myclassydolly.blogspot.com/

Profile Information

• Interests
    knitting, chrochet, dolls, outfits, handmade

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thanks for your kind words. In the meantime, all the kind feedback in this forum has my mum intrigued, so there's been a development, a blog about doll outfits of her own. She picks photographs of her most recent outfits to post and narrates the stories of them, which one may find interesting.
  2. Dear doll collectors, Despite the world still being struck by the string of unfortunate events, which are heartbreaking and sad, doll outfit vendors from my country have not ceased their craftsmanship. For example, as many locals over here, my mum has been shocked by this horrific situation, which is so hard to contemplate by an open-minded and peaceful person like herself, but she still makes outfits. This way, she is able to express hope for a safer world and keep in touch with doll collectors from all over the world. Keeping ourselves away from politics and news outlets is what helps us focus on creative process. That being said, vendors from my country are not able to list their outfits on eBay. That's why so many listings have gone missing over there. But our customers can still shop outfits via another marketplace, DailyDoll Shop. This link takes one to the search page showing listings by various vendors, i.e. not necessarily my mum's items. So I encourage those of you interested in doll outfits to take a closer look and perhaps spread the word about that marketplace. Thank you.
  3. Thank you so much for your thoughts on this look. Seems like, in general, it was critically acclaimed And we do recognise the drawbacks of the sleeves, too. Will try to incorporate the enhancements in the next version. However, those sequins are in fact crystal beads
  4. If I may be so bold, I understand that nowadays many might still be largely upset with this infamous recess, but I believe I could offer some new outfits to take a look at. In example, this one was also knitted by my mum, but this time I came up with my own decoration ideas. Any opinions are always appreciated, but please cut me some slack because by no means I'm a professional designer. Does the outfit look fine? Or does it lack something?
  5. The summer is coming, and here's what might look gorgeous this season. Many thanks to all who comment and share their impressions. It's so touching.
  6. We now have much inspiration in the light of upcoming holidays. Our doll Renee by Dianna Effner is happy to wear some cosy winter outfits. Have a great holiday!
  7. We now have a pretty doll by Dianna Effner. Of course, we can't help knitting new outfits. What a pleasure!
  8. Something new and trendy is out there:
  9. Many thanks! My mum is sooo grateful for all your replies..
  10. Yes, the dolls we used for taking photographs were 12.5”. Manufactured by Paola Reina (Spain). Indeed, some people knit for Diana Effner dolls. We also considered these dolls but didn't realise their significance. Do you think that Diana Effner niche and acceptance is greater than for Paola Reina? My mum finds Diana Effner dolls quite realistic. I tend to think that Paola Reina dolls look a little bit more charming. Many dolls have smiling faces...
  11. KathieB, havanaholly, Debsrand56, many thanks for the words of approval. My mum is also happy to realise that her outfits got some good feedback. As far as I understand, these particular things can be considered good in their current incarnation. We were a little bit unsure whether something was missing maybe. As for contemporary clothing, I'm tempted to mention some homewear, like these bathrobes or sleeping attire: Also, long ago my mum knitted a flower dress:
  12. Hi all, Me and my mum have been fond of Paola Reina dolls for a while. My mum has a passion for knitting. Needless to say, most of her outfits are for Paola Reina realistic dolls. However, she somehow lacks confidence in her style and themes that she tends to use most. We would like to post some photos of her recent outfits here to ask for opinion: What's your opinion? Do the dolls look attractive? Shall we carry on knitting similar outfits? Maybe you may tell what's missing or would be good to add. Thanks for watching!