0 Neutral

About Princess Ana

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Melissa

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I actually visited a local doll shop and the owner was able to tell me based on my pictures that the house was a kit that my husband’s grandfather customized. Most likely a Duracraft house based on some of the trim work she saw. I looked up some of the models and yup the railings from the porch look pretty similar but he definitely added his own things since I can’t find an exact copy. She’s also able to remake support walls so it was awesome to find her!
  2. Hi! I was recently given a very old dollhouse from my mother in law for my daughter Ana. Her father built it for her mother from scratch and I’m trying to rehab it. Its floors are warped, the roof has caved in and lots of the railings on the porch have fallen off. Some of the windows are broken and no longer work. But I look at it and see such potential! Hopefully I’m not over my head. I’ve DIY’d lots of 1:6 scale furniture for my daughter’s Barbies but this is my first real dollhouse. There’s so much great information on this site so I’m sure I’ll be lurking quite a bit! I’ve pretty much ripped it apart and have started to clean it up. It’s been stored in a cellar for at least 10 years so right now it’s mostly a good cleaning it needs before I can get to the fun stuff. Wish me luck!