• Last visited

6 Neutral

About petiteprovisionsco

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    https://www.petiteprovisionsco.com

Profile Information

• Interests
    Multipassionate artist, writer, musician, foodie and animal lover.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Erika
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

810 profile views
  1. It's the only Bespaq furniture I have (mostly not to my taste, either) but since it was a gift (and an expensive one at that), I really don't want to accidentally destroy it, so I think I just need to stick with masking off the cabinets and just painting the countertops. Emily, you're right, I don't think the glass would come out, either, and that would be a nightmare to paint around. If it was a cheap set, I'd definitely try the orange goo and go for it, but better safe than sorry in this case. 😁 So... just the countertops it is! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with this!
  2. Thank you, Emily, I will absolutely check those out later today! I guess "messing up" isn't as catastrophic as I was making it out in my head, lol. Have you ever painted the cabinets themselves on one of these types of sets? The paint job is mediocre at best, but I really don't relish the idea of trying to sand it down with all those decorative elements just to re-paint. Kinda thinking on that part, at least, I should leave well enough alone. But I'm picky, so I'm thinking about doing it anyways...
  3. Thanks, Holly! I will practice first, for sure. 😁
  4. Hi Holly! Thanks so much for your response, and for validating my desire to fix those aspects of it! 😂 I actually watched a few videos on YouTube on getting a marble effect, and your advice is spot on. Any recommendations for a primer for this particular application? As for the seams, thank you for the suggestion on the joint compound. It just looks so sloppy to have so many gaps, so I think I just need to get over my fear of messing it all up and go for it. I also don't like the current hardware, so maybe I'll throw caution to the wind and replace those, too. If it's not a complete disaster, I'll share the end results. 😁
  5. Hi all, it's been a minute since I've been on the forums! I was gifted "Julia's Kitchen" in white by Bespaq several years ago (see attached product photo from the vendor, Manhattan Dollhouse) and it has been sitting in a box ever since I moved. I decided this week that it was high time that I make a kitchen roombox with it, but I'm stuck on a few problems and would love any advice from anyone with experience! I don't have anything installed yet. - I really don't like the "marble" top on the counters. I already tried covering it with printed marble (https://www.paperdollminiatures.com/2014/04/easy-faux-marble-countertops.html) but because of the beveled edges of the countertop and the odd shape of the island, I can't make it work. I know these Bespaq pieces were quite expensive, so I'm really afraid to experiment on them and mess them up. I was considering re-painting them, but I feel like that's risky. Any thoughts? - Secondly, it bothers me to see the "seams" between each cabinet piece on the countertops. Does anyone have any suggestions for filling those gaps? Again, terrified of ruining them. 😂 Overall, I love the look of the set but there are definitely some things I'd like to improve, so any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you!
  6. That's exactly how I feel about it, too! I just kind of gaze inside it and feel calmer.
  7. Thank you! I'm planning to try a koi pond at some point in the near future, too.
  8. Yep! I was surprised, lol! I just spent a LOT of time looking at photos. :)
  9. Thank you! I love all the color possibilities orchids offer!
  10. Thank you so much! He was my first attempt at sculpting a bird, so I'm very pleased with the result!
  11. petiteprovisionsco

Conservatory

I used a Pier 1 Daisy Terrarium to create my miniature conservatory, filled with tropical plants and flowers, a fountain with koi and a scarlet macaw on a perch.
  12. Thanks, Amanda! I haven't had much time to work on it, but I've started by repainting the porch. I plan to change it to wood flooring, so I have to be really careful to cover up all that blue!
  13. Hi Linda! I'm pretty new here myself, but I had to pop on and say hello when I saw you're from Rhode Island! I'm from Coventry originally.
  14. Thank you, Jackie! Ron's is definitely a wonderful resource to have locally!