• Last visited

0 Neutral

About reb563

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Becka
  1. Huh, I thought when you said woodsies it might’ve been a typo. I’ve never seen those before, they look rubber in your picture. I will definitely look out for them. Thanks.
  2. Hi Holly, I was actually going to ask about the wheels, despite the condition that my wooden ones are in, because I think the little rubber ones look more realistic too.
  3. Hi Bill, That’s impressive to me that you made your own parts, I don’t have the patience or the skill for that. I think you’re right regarding the die cuts, you’re description is spot on. I’ve put my kit on hiatus, I did leave a voice message with Greenleaf, but haven’t heard back. I’m going to email them. Good luck with the rest of your kit. By the way my wheels have splits Right through them on the back of the sheet. I haven’t even tried to cut those out yet.
  4. Thanks Kathie. Good idea, Hopefully that will be good enough and it won’t still splinter in the future.
  5. Hi Holly, Ok, I'll try that first. I think I vaccummed up most of the shards though!!
  6. Hi, thanks. I ordered directly from Greenleaf. Guess I’ll contact them.
  7. Hi there, Been lurking for about a year now. Thanks for helping me build my first two dollhouses! I've never posted before, but I have a question. So I just started my first Greenleaf project, knew it would be a lot of sanding and wood filling. I didn't expect most of the backs of the pieces to splinter and flake off (sometimes layers in the middle only, leaving kind of an empty shell). The window frames did this, they are still whole but they actually bend now because of the middle wood layer splintering out. The interior frame of the trailer was split in half before I even started to take it off the sheet (I wood glued it, but I think it looks funny). Is this supposed to happen? Did I get a bad kit? If it's supposed to happen, how do I fix the backs of these pieces (do I even)? Seems like A LOT of work!!! I did try to pop the pieces out very carefully with a razor blade, you could tell that the wood was splintering before I even started to do that though. Maybe it will look all right after I apply the primer and paint/wallpaper to the front of the pieces. IDK!! Thanks for any help, Becka