0 Neutral

About ellyssa

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Ellyssa

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I''m starting with step one,, the foundation and support beam. Those too are just taped? I'm having trouble keeping them on there so I'm wondering. I like your idea of setting the doors and windows aside until the end, perhaps I"ll do that with the stairs too, they look tedious.
  2. For a dry build or dry fit, what do you tape and what do you glue? I'm starting at the very beginning of the instructions, wondering if I should tape things like windows and stairs as well as walls and floors or should I be gluing some things along the way?
  3. Ohh! Okay, so would you suggest I skip the shingles for the first step and build the rest of the house with the painters tape? I'm sorry, I just have no idea where to begin. I didn't realize it would come with soooo many pieces, lol!
  4. A dry fit? Does that mean putting it together without gluing it, like a dry run? Would that work even on things like all of those shingles?
  5. Hi Everyone, I'm new and super excited and a little overwhelmed. My Beacon Hill kit just arrived and I've never done anything like this before. I'd love some tips as to how to get set up as far as the workspace. For example, should I get a piece of plywood to build this on and if so what size is recommended? Are there any suggestions for a table I could buy maybe at home depot, etc. that would be a good workspace for this? What does everyone else do to prepare for this type of build? Thanks! Best, Ellyssa