Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Courtney
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Good to know! Any recommendations for a certain brand? Would the wiring kit in the video you showed me be a no-go?
  2. Thank you for the clarity. It says in the description it’s made with 3/8” thick milled clapboard. Is that the same as the fiberboard?
  3. Perfect! Thank you so much! A couple of questions though. What are RGT and MDF? And what would the tacky glue be used for? I’m very, very new to this. My dad restored my dollhouse for me when I was a kid, so I was too young to remember a lot of the ways he did things.
  4. My fiancé is buying me the Victoria’s Farmhouse kit from Hobby Lobby for Christmas. This is my first build and I’m very excited! It’s going to be our family heirloom to pass down to future generations. Any suggestions on what I should have for first getting started besides masking tape for the dry fit? Has anyone else built this kit before?
  5. Thanks guys! I actually just saw the people that gave it to me and it is a scratch build. No wonder I couldn’t find it anywhere! I think I’m just going to buy a kit and start from scratch and keep the house I have for a later project once I have some experience under my belt. Good thing Christmas is coming up. Lol Does anyone have any experience with the Victoria’s Farmhouse kit? And would anyone have some recommendations on what to do first through last after the kit is finished? i.e electrical, floors, wall paper etc. Or could possibly point me in the direction of a post with that info? Thanks again for all your help!
  6. Ok, so here are some pics of the dollhouse. Anyone know what make and model it is? It is Saran wrapped up right now because it’s in storage and I’m trying to protect it from any further damage. The people who gave it to me cut these horrendous, huge, ugly holes in the ceiling to put these lightbulbs in. It makes me cringe even thinking about how I’m going to fix/replace the damage, let alone trying to figure out how to completely re-do the electrical. My childhood dollhouse had an attic where the roof was hinges and could be open and closed. That is where my dad has the switchboard (not sure if that’s the proper terminology) and controlled all of the electrical. This dollhouse just has a metal switch on the “yard” of the dollhouse...and it doesn’t work when plugged in. Any tips on where to start with this project would be greatly appreciated. I’m excited, but a tad overwhelmed at the same time.
  7. Thank you. I don’t have any experience at all in building/restoring. So this is all going to be very new to me, but I’m excited to learn. I do remember that it took about 3-4 years for my dad to restore my dollhouse. And there was no toddler involved. Haha. So with that I know I can definitely expect to add some time to the project.
  8. Hi everyone! My name is Courtney and I live in San Diego, CA. I’ve recently acquired an 8 room, 2 story dollhouse that has seen better days. I have a 15 month old daughter that I’m looking to restore it for and have something to pass down to future generations. My father had built me a dollhouse when I was a kid. It was the most amazing thing and I loved it growing up. It won several first place prizes in different county fairs. Unfortunately, we no longer speak and he kept the dollhouse for himself. So I don’t have access to his knowledge on how to restore this dang thing. I’m not sure which dollhouse it is. I’m going to take pictures of it today as I’m hoping someone on here can help me identify it so I at least have somewhere to start. I’m expecting it to be a several year process due to the fact that a toddler doesn’t exactly allow me too much time for a hobby. But I’m very motivated for this project. I hope everyone has a great day!