About waynec

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    L. Wayne

Recent Profile Visitors

416 profile views
  1. Hi everyone! My name is Wayne and I live in Akron, Ohio. 34 years ago I built my mother-in-law the Pierce dollhouse. I was 18 at the time so I just assembled the kit and that was it. My father-in-law did the rest and he was not the handy type. Well over the years with many grand and great grand-kids the dollhouse was damaged and repaired over and over again. He passed in 2016 when he was 89 and mom moved into a smaller house. Now that the dust has settled its my turn to repair the doll house.
  2. I'm new to blogs so learning the layout and where to post things. NellBell has given me some guidance so we will see how it goes.
  3. Going to attempt to remove the shingles this week and smooth out the walls and porch. I think he used a gallon of glue on the shingles and painted over dirt, glue drops and paint. Was trying to finish before Christmas but I don't think I can pull that off.
  4. This is the Pierce Dollhouse I built 34 years ago for my mother-in-law. Many years of abuse by the grandchildren and great grandchildren. The biggest issue other than the missing pieces is that my 89 year old father-in-law tried to repair it over the years. The first picture is The tower top and I only had 3 original pieces. I had to make the rest. Now looking to make or buy the missing gingerbread parts for the roof and the porch railings.