• Last visited

0 Neutral

About RobertOfOhio

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Robert
  1. Thanks to each of you. Once i take possession of the houses i will start the album as it makes the best sense. The instructions will be somewhere as my dad was very organized.. But he also had every report card we ever had. So once we find the folder/file cabinet named doll house instructions we will be in business. As you all can imagine, sometimes my mom wants us to tear through and start cleaning things up of my dads. The very next minute things are a bit much and we back off and go at her pace. So sometimes we all end up with various pieces from dad, One point of clarification, the houses will stay in the family blood line one way or another at least in the immediate future. I am one of five immediate children, and personally have three of my dad's many grand kids. In some ways i'm honestly distancing myself a bit emotionally to that decision just yet as this was something my dad did as a hobby and very personal to him. Relating to the question of how to decorate? My dad and his mother would pick up pieces and parts when ever they visited the local miniature stores. Wall paper, carpet, various furniture, electrical, and the list goes on. I got choices without investing just yet... Right now i'm a bit overwhelmed and dont even know where to start. Your responses have been right on and i thank each of you.
  2. Hello, as to not write an 8 page novel i will be short and to the point so emotion is kept out. My father passed 8 weeks ago and had a massive Greenleaf doll house which is incomplete. In addition, he had a house that my grandmother was putting together when she passed; but was too emotional to finish it. My mother has indicated that i should come by and pick them up and complete them as i see fit. That raises a whole slew of other questions which will wait another day.... My intention is to complete the houses and figure out what to do with them after that. I have three daughters so i have options. The question for you today is, should i go purchase an inexpensive doll house and cut my teeth on those? My dad's is absolutely massive, my grandmothers isnt as big but holds as much emotional value to my mother as my dad's. I'm not really down on the lingo, don't really know where to begin... but i want to properly honor my father and grandmother and complete these projects. Completing them will also ensure i stay in my spouses good graces as well. =) -Robert