2 Neutral

About Louby

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Laura

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Oh my goodness you guys are all so talented! I can't wait to get started
  2. Would love to see your first ever furniture pieces! Do you still have them? Do you still love them or do you cringe at them?
  3. Thanks for the replies everyone. My math is dreadful, so the scale converter is a life saver. I just needed to check it really was that simple!! Thanks again, you guys great :-)
  4. Oh really? Darn. Ok, no worries, I'll remember to make sure I post my progress on here too. Thanks for the heads up Thanks all! I've followed all of you. I'm on there as Louby_k Once we start that'll be the main place I post
  5. Sorry if this seems like the dumbest question ever, but I'm new to this and math was never my strong point. Is the 1/12 scale as simple as saying measuring an item and putting it into the converter to get the mm? Or getting the general size of something and putting it in there? My over thinking brain thinks this is wrong and can't be that simple Thanks
  6. Thank you so much! I've decided to cut the stairs now, so need to resketch. Not lighting it this time either. Just want to have fun making it and focus on the furniture. I'll try n do a new sketch when I finish at 3am. Happy new year everyone
  7. Thanks all! I've followed all of you. I'm on there as Louby_k Once we start that'll be the main place I post
  8. Hi all Is anyone in here on Instagram. I need more miniatures to droll over in my feed :-)
  9. Oh I just looked at your blog, looks amazing!! Have followed you.
  10. Thanks for that. Yes-hubby has the power tools, so all good. After a lot of consideration, I've decided to dump the stairs this time. I was so hell bent on the design being "correct" ie stairs in the right place, lighting etc but I think for the first attempt, just keep it simple as I'm planning on making the furniture as well and just having fun. If we decide to make another one, then we'll start getting more technical :-) I tried uploading a photo from my phone, but it kept saying it was too big. Any idea of how I resize it to send (though I need to redo my sketch now to get rid of the stairs)?
  11. Hi fellow Aussie!! Here is the shop that I'm planning on visiting: http://www.miniatureworld.com.au/
  12. Hi all. Thanks for the replies. I'll try and do a sketch shortly, but planning on a 3 level house. Bottom floor will be a single garage and the guest bedroom with ensuite. 1st floor will be lounge, dining and kitchen and the 3rd floor will be 2nd bedroom/office and master bedroom with an ensuite. I'm doing a flat roof as this will be the roof top garden with a pool, decking and bar. It will be a modern design. At this stage the main questions I have are: I've settled on MDF. What thickness do you recommend? Location of the stairs-which is the best place for them? At the front or back? They will be open plan.
  13. Hi all Decided that me n hubby need a hobby, so came up with the idea of building a Dollhouse together, from scratch, with no previous experience :-) Already in love with the miniature world. As much as I'm ready to rush into it, I'm waiting for the miniature shop in Perth to reopen on the 9th as I have a ton of questions. Cant wait to get started and looking forward to showing our progress. Anyone else in here from Perth?