• Rank

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience None
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Laura Bolsega
  1. 1st floor staircase.

So with the staircase, did you just trim off the top pieces and then add the posts? I like your design much better than the original staircase design. 
  2. Hello everyone! I’m new here. My Greenleaf Beacon Hill kit finally came in today! I’m a bit nervous as this is my first dollhouse build. Can anyone share some tips on what helped you? I heard the instructions are kind of difficult and hard to understand. I’ve been watching the YouTube videos and I can’t find one that is like a step by step. I already know some of the changes I’m going to make or other builders suggestions that I’m going to use. I’ve got most of the starter supplies: the glues, the clamps, painters tape, the ultimate cutter from hobby lobby, stains and some mini screwdrivers and a mini jewelry mallet/hammer. Any help throughout this would be so much appreciated! As A paramedic I work odd shifts so I plan to work on this on days off. I’d also like to possibly make my own kitchen counters. I’m in love with the farmhouse sink and I would like to incorporate that. I also do plan to run electricity.  Thank you all! 
  3. Hello everyone! My Greenleaf Beacon Hill kit finally came in today! I’m a bit nervous as this is my first dollhouse build. Can anyone share some tips on what helped you? I heard the instructions are kind of difficult and hard to understand. I’ve been watching the YouTube videos and I can’t find one that is like a step by step. I already know some of the changes I’m going to make or other builders suggestions that I’m going to use. I’ve got most of the starter supplies: the glues, the clamps, painters tape, the ultimate cutter from hobby lobby, stains and some mini screwdrivers and a mini jewelry mallet/hammer. Any help throughout this would be so much appreciated! As A paramedic I work odd shifts so I plan to work on this on days off. I’d also like to possibly make my own kitchen counters. I’m in love with the farmhouse sink and I would like to incorporate that. I also do plan to run electricity.  Thank you all! 

1. Bob Dwyer

Hello, Ibolsega!

I just received my 2nd Beacon Hill yesterday. I started my first about 20 years ago; worked on it on and off for about 16 years, but never completed it. It's a long story. Anyway I've already started my second Beacon Hill. Last night I varnished sheets 1, 2, and 3. These sheets contain the three floors. This morning I sanded the three sheets and applied a second coat of varnish. I didn't use a stain and the varnish is pretty clear. The varnish can said to use a high-quality bristle brush. But, the varnish requires clean-up using mineral spirits which is a pain. So, I used a throw-away cheap sponge brush. And you know what? So, far it looks just fine. I plan to apply a third coat,  I'm using a glossy varnish so the floors will have a nice shine.

Another thing I did was to remove each sheet from the box, one at a time; find the "dotted" number on each sheet and drew over the dotted number using a sharpie type pen. The "dotted" numbers are hard to see, and it makes finding the right sheet difficult. But, the numbers written with the selfie are easy to see.

The sheets do not come in any numerical order. The instructions recommend keeping them in the box until you need them. This means you'll be lifting heavy bunches of sheets trying to search for the sheet you want.  After awhile, after a lot of lifting sheets start coming apart, and pieces start falling out of the sheets creating a general mess.  I tried to think of some way to stack them on their sides so that it would be easy to search for the one I wanted. I took two pieces of 2x6 wood, drilled two holes in each, and then stuck a piece of dowel in each hole. I've attached pictures, but this website insists on turning them on their sides. Oh, well, let's keep in touch, and good luck to you.

-Bob Dwyer

IMG_3158.JPG.14c9af6a5fd80cc254137958ef45c3646b1424f3_IMG_3159(1).JPG.2d47e412c1

IMG_3157 (2).JPG

2. lbolsega

Good luck!! One of the first things i did was take them out of the box and renumber and reorganize them. I did have them all on their side and my hubby told me to lay them flat so they don’t warp. I’ve stained and painted the first three floors, set up the first floor, and started on the steps for the first floor. I’m not happy with them right now and I’m hoping to improve them. Later on today I’m going to start putting the first two steps (walls/floors) together and get that glued down. 

4. Do you have anymore dolls for sale? I recently purchased a beacon hill and am looking for a family to go perfectly in it when it’s finished. I don’t know how to PM on here yet :)

1. WyckedWood

Hi Laura, are you looking to costume and wig your own dolls? I don’t sell completely finished, costumed dolls at this point, I usually sell to people who want to try making their own (much less expensive that way). I do sell China painted, assembled, unassembled and unpainted. Hope that helps. To answer your question if I have dolls..yes, as long as you want to costume them yourself :) 

2. lbolsega

What are your price ranges? My email is lbolsega18@Gmail.com or I’m on Facebook :) I’d love to see what you have! 

3. WyckedWood

I have a lot....too many to photograph lol. Easier if you give me an idea of what you’re looking for. I have women, men, children of all ages and elderly men and women.  My prices are $25-28 for unpainted, unassembled, that’s the most diy, then $50 for china painted and up to $60 for china painted and assembled. I can email you photos if you can narrow down what you’re interested in :) 

5. 1/144 beacon hill

it says they are out of stock and to "add to wishlist".  
  6. does anyone know were i can find the 144 BH? or does anyone have one they can sell?  
  7. 1/144 beacon hill

Hey everyone! i am on the lookout for a 1/144 beacon hill house. does anyone know were i can find one? thanks!