3 Neutral

About StephanieC

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Stephanie Clark

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. @Havanaholly.... I’m a transplant from Wichita Falls, Texas. I live in Cabot (Central, AR since 1998.
  2. Love the colors you used. On shingles & house!
  3. Opinions, please. I’m on my very first house. (Garfield). Do most of you lay floor, paint & wallpaper etc as you build or after it’s finished? Thanks!
  4. Just checking in to say hi! I started my dream dollhouse this week. The Garfield. A huge task. I found this group and have already gotten a lot of great information. I’m glad I found this community. Will be helpful.
  5. I just started my house this week. I have a 40” square table to build on... though my house will be almost 42” when finished. I was going to build it in my bedroom and then realized that once it was built I would not be able to get it out of my bedroom! So I’m building it in my living room. Havanaholly warned me not to use hot glue. Thankful because I was. Instructions aren’t the best. (I’m building the Garfield kit) Definitely label everything before you punch the pieces out. I’m also taking the advice of others and will be painting before building (like staircase) and putting in flooring & wallpaper, etc. will be very hard once built. Best of luck. :-)
  6. I just started this kit. It is massive, indeed. I got it brand new from a lady in Tennessee who is going to build it with her four year old and when she open the box decided against it. LOL I got a great deal off of Facebook marketplace. She also had a box full of shingles and siding. Got it all for $67! I had to drive to an a half hours to pick it up but it was definitely well worth it as I am estimating the value of it all of about $400. I wish you the best of luck. I believe this is going to be a fun addiction for me. Thankfully I saw a post that said not to use hot glue. Even though that’s what green leaves instructions say. I am off today to get tight bond or pro bond.
  7. I could definitely see how this hobby could become soooo addictive. It’s slways been a dream to build one. Started this week with the Garfield. The little trunk is adorable!