4. Brimbles box 3.jpg

From the album ~Fay in FLA

5. Brimbles box 2.jpg

6. Brimbles box 1.jpg

7. End of day two

I want to get rid of the shiny yellow paint as soon as possible. This house was meant for a little girl, but the project was never completed. I may sand & prime the yellow soon, just so I don't have to look at it anymore!
  8. End of day two

I have most of the wallpaper out. The tower is coming apart nicely, since I'm not trying to save the trim or the windows. There is SO much hot glue to get out, but that's not the worst of it. The lady used wood glue to put up the wallpaper & is doesn't want to dissolve. I'm thinking I'll put in false walls, which will also hide my electrical wires.
  9. End of day one

I'm starting to feel more confident about the make-over process. I can see how the house was put together, and with some new parts I'm sure I can actually do this!
  10. The leaning tower

I may have found the reason for the gap between the house & the tower. At this point I have decided to take the tower apart & rebuild it with new windows.
  11. One last view of the interior.

The steps are out & I'm going to start taking it apart.
  12. Demolition has begun!

I got the roof off without damaging it. I think a complete gutting is the way to go. The stairs popped out easily. I hope that's a good sign.
  13. The house has been wired!

I found a tape wiring system, but parts are missing & others may be damaged. I'm going to tear it all out & do it over with round wire... I think.
  14. From the album ~Fay in FLA

It looks like taking off the roof won't be a problem. The wallpaper might be a different story.
  15. The tower is going to be a real problem.

I'm going to take the tower apart, as much as I can, to see why there's a big gap between it and the house. The trim around the top of the tower has got to go, even if some of it wasn't missing.