• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Holly
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,488 profile views
  1. Hi all. Does anyone know of or have seen a castle dollhouse kit or plans for a castle. I have my first grandchild on the way and I figure this is a good one for either sex. I would like a fairytale style castle with rounded towers of various sizes etc. Any info would be welcome. Thanks al.
  2. Thanks for all your help guys. The book is called Japanese Homes and their surroundings. It has some wonderfully detailed drawings of interior, roofs, eaves and furnishings. It is really cool but doesn't show a pagoda-style only traditional homes. I love Deb's Samuri house! it is the greatest Traditional Japanese style house i've seen. Thanks for the link to the Japanese dollhouse kits, it may come in handy when I go to furnish the pagoda. I have been all over the web and haven't found any Pagoda-style dollhouses. I have also had a hard time finding measurements for the Kinkakuji temple. I was just wondering if anyone here had seen anything like it. I will just have to wing it, I am not sure how to make the upturned roof parts, kind of like mansford. Maybe I can do some kit bashing on the Lily.
  3. Hi All. A very special girl has asked if I can build a Japanese dollhouse. Has anyone seen it done before? Maybe the Lily could be modified a bit. I am looking for pics of a pagoda-style dollhouse or the plans to build one not-from-a-kit. Any leads would be great! Thanks! ps this is the Kinkakuji Temple in Japan
  4. I adore that Samurai House! The roof looks amazing. There are some long needled pines in my yard when the needles drop, they turn light brown but stay fairly supple, not brittle like the short needles. I bet these would be great for thatch, using the Tom's Tip's tutorial. I still want to try the fur though. Just 'cuz it looks like fun!
  5. Wow, it does look realistic. I would never have thought to use fur, . I think I will try it out on the buttercup first. It is always my lab experiment house. Thank you.
  6. Hello all. Has anyone done a thatched roof? I think it would look great on my Aster Cottage but I am not sure what materials to use. I thought of using a broom and cutting some of the pieces but they seem out of scale and it really isn't the season for collecting dried grass. Has anyone seen a link for materials or know of some low budget tricks to making it look real? I would be so grateful. Thank you. Yes, I have already perused the local (and not so local, lol) flower shops and hobby stores. Thanks for your advice. Also I would love to see some pics of thatched roof asters. I know it has been done before as this cottage just screams for it. -Holly
  7. I would Love Love Love the Glencroft in laser cut! The Beacon Hill would be great too but I would still like to be able to buy houses non-laser cut because it hauntifies up so well!
  8. Thank you so much, I am putting some in now. Wish me luck, lol.
  9. I am trying to furnish my fairy stump with twig furniture. I bought a grapevine wreath to make the furniture. Does anyone know how to work with it so it is pliable. Does it need to be steamed, soaked in water, or bent gently everyday to accomplish this. Also there is a crafter in San Diego that does the most gorgeous, elaborate beds. Does anyone know how to find pix of her work? I am not having any luck.
  10. I have always had good luck with regular wood glue, just make sure it doesn't drip, lol.
  11. Still curious what kind of glue was used.
  12. yup, LOVE it! Sometimes more than building. Depends on how strongly it speaks to me.
  13. You guys are awesome, this is exactly wht I was looking for! I can't wait to get started.
  14. Yes, it does look fairly simple and super-cute too...