9 Neutral

About TimothyHH

• Rank
    PhillyTim
  • Birthday 03/30/82

Profile Information

• Gender Male
  • Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
  • Interests History - 20th century U.S. politics, transportation and technology, athletics (Olympics), social history (AKA history of "normal" people).
    Eurovision Song Contest
    Figure Skating

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Four
  • Dollhouse Preference Please Select
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Tim
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

133 profile views
  1. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this house before? The "Wildflower" dollhouse from the 1970s??  https://lancaster.craigslist.org/atq/d/mountville-rare-wildflower-antique/6933926279.html The house is more odd than appealing to me but I do like the sound of furniture and building supplies being included. This is about 1.5 hours drive from Philadelphia.
  2. 04-EntranceHall.jpg

Love these stairs.
  3. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Howdy neighbor. I asked the seller what was going on with that house. She said there were no front panels. I guess the original builder made some changes to the plans and omitted the front panels and cut windows and a door into the back. Strangely they still built the roof as if the house were front-opening.  So it ends up being an odd open-back but sort of front-opening house. I had to let it go because I literally do not have the space in my dollhouse workroom.  BTW I love all of your work, my favorite being the North Park/Ellwanger house. The North Park would be my kit if choice if I ever find myself with several hundred dollars I don't need. 
  4. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

This one is very close to me and the price is ok with me. Trying to ascertain whether the front opening pieces are there or if the builder decided to omit those. I really don't need this so sharing in the meantime in case anyone else around Philadelphia is interested. https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOUSEWORKS-Unfinished-32-x-18-x-32-DOLL-HOUSE-Project-w-instruction-Book/323798420132?_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131227121020%26meid%3D5bd62d7751524fc3b0d6955f102bf885%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D123541243782%26itm%3D323798420132&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982
  5. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Wow, I really like that one. Looks like it's in good condition too. Why would someone want to get rid of it?
  6. Hofco kits question

Kelly, Yes, I thinking about making the first-floor staircase a grand return staircase and leaving the steep stairs between the second and third floors. I'm still months away from starting that build so I might change my mind between now and then.
  7. Hofco kits question

Kelly, Yes, it came with the "owner's deed."  The Hofco instructions include a page of updated instructions to install the stairs facing the open back. The original instructions have them facing the front door. Change said to be due to multiple customer requests. I wonder if the original facing front design was to allow the stairs to take up less space by being steeper and hiding the steepness by making them less visible. 
  8. Hofco kits question

Sorry for the delayed response. I bought KW 194 Victorian Farmhouse. I just can't say no to a kit that includes a room dedicated to being a bathroom (hate giving up bedrooms). Plus I much, much prefer working with higher quality, smooth plywood. I don't know when I'll begin construction since I keep re-doing things on my Brookshire renovation. I did open the box to look at the parts though. Didn't find the windows -- they must be underneath some of the larger pieces. I did find the stairs and, wow, they are very, very steep. Like crazy steep. If these stairs existed in real life they would be dangerous, especially going down. I may end up using other stairs instead -- I have a hankering to try a return staircase and the Hofco's living room looks like it will be large enough to fit one in.
  9. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Same seller has a Byron Free kit too: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hofco-Vintage-Byron-Free-House-Kit-164/183792999496?hash=item2acaea9c48:g:9QoAAOSwKhFcYy19. It's been opened and no word if it's all there, but the seller knew what Hofco was (says she has two other built Hofcos), so I take it she's an actual miniaturist as opposed to just someone selling rando stuff they could care less about. It worked out for me because it's only got to be shipped about 150 miles so the shipping cost was low.
  10. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I just bought a Hofco Victorian Farmhouse kit on ebay for less than half of the asking price for Vermont Farmhouse twin. Not sure if I overpaid too but I really prefer smooth, thick plywood kits which seem to not exist anymore as new. When did everything become milled MDF?
  11. Hofco kits question

You can use Houseworks components with Hofco houses though, right? The windows at least seem to be the same size so I'm hoping everything else will fit too. I just bought a Hofco kit and it didn't dawn on me to ask the seller if it came with components until after I paid and it shipped. 
  12. Hofco kits question

Hello everyone, I have a question about the old Hofco kits. Did they come with windows, doors, stairs, trim, etc? 
  13. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Don't know why anyone would pay so much for that when they could buy a RGT Vermont Farmhouse Jr. for much, much less and have the same house essentially.
  14. Floor advice needed - hardwood and tile

Is the universal term "craft sticks?" Because that just feels... unnatural to me. Like if you were to ask me to start saying "on line" instead of "in line."
  15. Floor advice needed - hardwood and tile

I'm in Philadelphia -- is popsicle a northeastern thing? Is this another "soda or pop" situation?