13 Good

About TimothyHH

• Rank
    PhillyTim
  • Birthday 03/30/82

Profile Information

• Gender Male
  • Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
  • Interests History - 20th century U.S. politics, transportation and technology, athletics (Olympics), social history (AKA history of "normal" people).
    Eurovision Song Contest
    Figure Skating

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Four
  • Dollhouse Preference Please Select
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Tim
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

241 profile views
  1. hardwood flooring

I'm sure someone has already said this but I have found a good pair of sharp scissors does the job nicely.
  2. hello from philadelphia

Greetings also from Philadelphia. That looks like a fun project house and it was free to boot! I can't help with the house ID but whoever built it appears to have done a fair amount of bashing or customizing (the back windows, especially the small "stained glass" ones, the staircases, the smaller addition). Does the front part detach entirely or is it hinged at the side? Is the front porch attached or does it separate from the front wall? It all looks structurally sound with just cosmetic things to work on.
  3. Philadelphia Miniaturia 2019 is November 8-10 and since I live in Philly I'm considering going. Question though -- what should I expect? I don't think I'm interested in any of the workshops but should I perhaps be a little more open minded about that? If I just attend during the general admission hours on Saturday the 9th will I be missing all the good stuff? Any insight from past year's attendees would be much appreciated!
  4. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I don't know what to make of this. Why take a picture of the instructions but nothing else?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorian-Dollhouse-with-furniture-and-figures-Model-1009/333251610353?hash=item4d975806f1:g:uZ0AAOSwn4FdF2cu
  5. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I literally got a bedroom set on ebay last week that contains that exact dresser. It cost $12 for the whole set. It's Town Square Miniatures. $45 is an incredible ask.
  6. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I'd love to have this one, just not at that price. https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Federal-Victorian-Dollhouse-Hofco-House-KW-174-Unopend-Box-November-1989/123915255616?hash=item1cd9ecbf40:g:xBwAAOSwHLhdhy5e
  7. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I don't blame you, but WOW, that is a beautiful house. I love the realness of the floorplan.
  8. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I started getting the shakes just looking at all those tiny, individual shingles. That house would've been in the fireplace before I even got halfway up the front side.
  9. Electricity and false walls...

I've found that illustration board works best for wallpaper templates. It's pretty thin but it can take glue/paint/wallpaper with minimal to no warping or seeping through to the other side. If something goes wrong it's not as traumatizing to remove it as pulling wallpaper directly off the walls (and if you're really careful you might be able to re-use the template, but I haven't had to go there... yet). You can also sand illustration board to get a perfect fit. 
  10. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this house before? The "Wildflower" dollhouse from the 1970s??  https://lancaster.craigslist.org/atq/d/mountville-rare-wildflower-antique/6933926279.html The house is more odd than appealing to me but I do like the sound of furniture and building supplies being included. This is about 1.5 hours drive from Philadelphia.
  11. 04-EntranceHall.jpg

Love these stairs.
  12. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Howdy neighbor. I asked the seller what was going on with that house. She said there were no front panels. I guess the original builder made some changes to the plans and omitted the front panels and cut windows and a door into the back. Strangely they still built the roof as if the house were front-opening.  So it ends up being an odd open-back but sort of front-opening house. I had to let it go because I literally do not have the space in my dollhouse workroom.  BTW I love all of your work, my favorite being the North Park/Ellwanger house. The North Park would be my kit if choice if I ever find myself with several hundred dollars I don't need. 
  13. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

This one is very close to me and the price is ok with me. Trying to ascertain whether the front opening pieces are there or if the builder decided to omit those. I really don't need this so sharing in the meantime in case anyone else around Philadelphia is interested. https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOUSEWORKS-Unfinished-32-x-18-x-32-DOLL-HOUSE-Project-w-instruction-Book/323798420132?_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131227121020%26meid%3D5bd62d7751524fc3b0d6955f102bf885%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D123541243782%26itm%3D323798420132&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982
  14. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Wow, I really like that one. Looks like it's in good condition too. Why would someone want to get rid of it?
  15. Hofco kits question

Kelly, Yes, I thinking about making the first-floor staircase a grand return staircase and leaving the steep stairs between the second and third floors. I'm still months away from starting that build so I might change my mind between now and then.