Kells

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Kells

1. This sold for almost half the original asking price, and now it poses a quandary for me. A friend bought it. She's the one who sent me the original link saying she'd pick it up if I wanted it. For $1500, that was a hard pass on my part. She saw the price keep dropping so she went ahead and did it, figuring she'd keep it for herself. She already has a French chateau that puts this one to shame but hey, never too many dollhouses, right? She's willing to trade for my Rosedawn as it stands, though I am really keen to do that up as a run-down Creole plantation house. She'll also take my French Quarter house, if I'd finish the exterior first. She'd do the interiors herself. She's even willing to bring it for free next time they visit. If I could get her to take the Barstow Belle off my hands, I'd swap in a heartbeat! She isn't interested. I haven't a scrap of anything French to put into this, and I am disinclined to spend the thousands of bucks (!!!) it would take to furnish and decorate it to do it justice. Hate those Houseworks doors but I'd probably just face it toward a wall anyway, putting plexi over the open side to keep it on display. First World problems, right? Any thoughts? If anyone cares to see all 22 pictures, I can make a gallery for it.
  2. Thank you for looking into it! I think I will order one of those plan books to have it for reference.
  3. I like the look of this one better than the Pepperwood, but I love the high ceilings the Pepperwood has. Those are marvelous and hard to find in a dollhouse. In the plan book, does she suggest finishes and paint color? The few I've seen have all been the same color, as I said, and had the same vinyl printed planked wood contact paper for most of the flooring. I just assumed those must have been part of the finishing instructions in the plan book?
  4. Kells

Kitchen.jpg

One of my favorite kitchens in my dollhouses. That Bespaq set is probably too fine for what would actually be in a house like this, but I like it in this room. The house has some very obviously handmade details, lacking fine mouldings and trims, but I love that about it.
  5. Kells

Natural Aging.jpg

I don't know if this will show up very well in this picture, but the house is getting pretty long in the tooth. I love the natural aging, which you may be able to see on the siding and the back door. The worse it gets, the more I love it. I've done aging techniques many times but haven't touched this house; this is all the real effects of age on a house that is probably over 40 years old at this point.
  6. Kells

Stained Glass.jpg

Whoever built this added some nice features, like this genuine stained glass in the front door. You can see it's cracked, which to me just adds to the charm and gives a sense of realism.
  7. The set from the stage play of Brighton Beach Memoirs. I've never got around to it, but this is exactly how I'd like to do the interiors of my Remember When dollhouse.
  8. Kells

Brighton Beach House.jpg

This is the Remember When dollhouse from plans by Phyllis Jellison. I've always called it the Brighton Beach house, because it makes me think of the house from Brighton Beach Memoirs.
  9. Kells

Lily Putt

LOL @ "For extra martyrdom, I did the back as well..." Would it be possible to get a close-up view of the dragon embellishments on the semi-circular window? I can't really see them but the window does look beautiful.
  10. He looks like Connor McGregor to me. You have an amazing doll collection!
  11. And they are an illusion! The windows aren't double hung and don't actually open, there are just pieces of strip wood across the window inside and out. Perhaps the sashes on that one just fell out. Lord knows I'm dealing with that problem on a Stanley colonial with 32 windows with tiny mullions that are all falling to pieces.