0 Neutral

About Abrooks393

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Ashley

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thank you all for the wonderful advice. I was debating going ahead and waiting until I had the first addition on hand to start the build. But now I have definitely decided that attaching them together would probably be bad considering I want to ad more then one and that would be far to large to safely move and not risk hurting it. Any other advice is greatly appreciated. I'm planning to dry fit in the next few days. Was thinking about marking lines in pencil to show where paint will end up on the wall and ceiling as a guide for when I start the " first coat step". Does any one have any suggestions on the best way to seal and or prime the wood for the actual paint. I have read so many ways not sure what the best seems to be. I also ready that with mdf the edges that will be glued should be sealed first with something to help strengthen those edges. I seen suggestions of use dry wall filler or wood filler. Does this help or add unneeded steps?
  2. Hello everyone! Super excited to get started on my kit. I've had it for a while but due to health and other reasons wasn't able to begin it. I have the Alison Jr. From real good toys. However, now I am in the planning stages of the kit. Trying to figure out what all I want to do. This is the first kit I have done. I loved my aunt's old Sears dollhouse when I was younger and decided to eventually have my own. Never did I imagine the rabbit hole I would fall down when doing research and planning it. Now I'm kinda at a standstill. I keep coming up with ideas and there are a few things I have questions about that lead me to turn to these forums. Hopefully I find tips and tricks to make the planning and building easier! Any advice is greatly appreciated! * What does it require to attach additions later on down the road? * Can a room divider is completely removed from a floor or altered to have a more open floor plan? * Can windows be altered to become bay windows? I noticed rgt makes a.bay window kit that includes a foundation and just the window as well. Was curious their compatibility with the kit. I want to add a small round window to the tower. And not sure the best way to work with the mdf wood. Any suggestions?