Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Jon Snow
  • Country
    United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Hi all, Since I bought my Tennyson dollhouse at Goodwill for a buck, it was basically just a structure. It didn't have any of the building components like window frames or doors. I was able to make the windows by using upcycled clear plastic from containers (like take-out ones that I kept and washed) and some popsicle sticks.Finding doors the right size for the openings was a challenge because I didn't have the ones that were meant to be with the dollhouse kit, and the nice quality ones that are stocked at places like Hobby Lobby were not the right size. (I really don't have the tools or expertise to resize the opening in a kit that's already assembled and on it's way to being completed.) The upstairs door to the porch was attached to the exterior rather than sitting flush in the opening. It's not ideal, but it doesn't look awful.Trying to get a front door has been more difficult. The dollhouse is meant to have double doors, but I couldn't find any double doors the right size. I had some cardboard ones installed for a bit, but they looked terrible.Then yesterday, the Goddess of Free Stuff smiled on me again!I picked up a huge stash of Barbie stuff from the side of the road, including a nice Barbie house and a whole bag of dolls, accessories and other assorted plastic do-dads.In the bag, was this random pink and white plastic door; apparently, it's supposed to be part of a fairy door kit: https://ttpm.com/p/18114/cra-z-art/opening-fairy-doors-luna/ It's the perfect height for the house! I just need to add some trim around the sides to hide the gap. There's a pic of it in my gallery: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=134882 Thanks