• Last visited

• Days Won

FurMama last won the day on December 20 2023

FurMama had the most liked content!

271 Excellent

About FurMama

Profile Information

• Interests
    Miniatures, sewing, crocheting, gardening, scrapbooking/card making & cats.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Three
  • Real Name
    Lisa
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,850 profile views
  1. I like it. It could be a child's bench. Maybe it belonged to the little foamcore person in the other pic when they were little and is a treasured keepsake. Or it could just be small. RL furniture isn't always the right scale for where it resides. It may look different too once your floors, wallpaper and other trim go in.
  2. One room school houses were primitive so don't make it too perfect. I like what you have done. Reminds me of the salvaged RL one on the grounds of a nearby museum.
  3. Oh my goodness! I had a grocery store similar to that with the little people and their shopping carts running around in isles powered by a magnet underneath. What Memories! I also think my Holly Hobby doll house was the same way. Not the wood manufactured one, I had a cardboard one with a Holly Hobby doll and plastic furniture. The doll fit in a stand with a magnetic base driven by a wand underneath. That house was the only thing that did not survive the leak in the she shed.
  4. https://moreminis.blogspot.com/?m=1 Step by step pictures and building help for most of the GL dollhouses as well as tips for other dollhouse parts like doors and floors. Scroll down to the listing for The Glencroft. Good luck it's a great house.
  5. I agree, especially the trim pieces look to be real life size cabinet trim material but it works. 👌
  6. It does look like Foxhall but I don't think it is. Foxhall's front bays open, these don't appear to. Looking at the FB pic that shows the top I believe the front is the original house (no clue as to what model) and they either built the two back sections and hinged them on or took another house split it and hinged them on the sides. Either way it is a wonderful find!
  7. I had the same problems on my first kit house, The Bobbie, so I super glued mine on. Now I do the pin method no gold hinges. When my dad built my first dollhouse he glued the door in place. 🤣 And it is still that way to this day, 47 years later.
  8. Maybe they have just outgrown the messy kid stage 🤔
  9. Not trying to dodge the request but there are soooo many blogs and tutorials online and you tube it would be impossible to list them or even know where to start. My favorites might not match yours. You really just have to search and find something that fits your style, skill level, materials available and tools on hand. Like Holly said though if a table is 4 feet long it will be 4 inches long in 1:12 scale.
  10. My Dad painted the shingles on my Pepperwood Farm when he made it. I have often thought of stripping them to their natural shade. I have a small gazebo that had shingles that were clear coated, not sure but probably with polyurethane, that darkened hideously over time (years). If you decide to use a clear finish read the label to see if it says non yellowing or inhibits yellowing. You have done a very nice job.
  11. If you are on a phone click the 3 lines top right and a menu will slide out. Gallery is the 4th option down. BTW picresize.com is a good source for shrinking photos. I got a platform bed frame to put my Pepperwood Farm on. I had tried dropping it's custom made table top inside the rails of a regular bed frame but the table skirt was a smidge too wide to drop down. Of course. We shall see how the platform works. I'm moving my collection to a former garage converted to a great room.
  12. FurMama

IMG_6588.jpeg

Good idea!
  13. It is super cute already! My Dad solderd a wire bed for Pepperwood Farm way back in the day so it can be done. I ended up painting it a few years back because of the solder joints and the patina just didn't look right.
  14. Welcome! I'm on an Android so depending on what type of phone you have it may look a little different but at the bottom of the text box that opens up for you to post there's a paperclip and it says add files. If I click on that a little screen will pop up at the bottom of my phone and it has an option to click on gallery or my files. Either one of those should take you to your picture at least it does on my phone. Good luck we love pictures! If the file is too big picresize.com is a good option for shrinking.