• Last visited

• Days Won

FurMama last won the day on December 20 2023

FurMama had the most liked content!

272 Excellent

About FurMama

Profile Information

• Interests
    Miniatures, sewing, crocheting, gardening, scrapbooking/card making & cats.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Three
  • Real Name
    Lisa
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,874 profile views
  1. Welcome Paula! I have had some success with using nail polish remover/acetone but be careful because it will damage painted/finished surfaces. Stinks too so work in a well ventilated area and wear a mask.
  2. @Kami I saw the "woman" in the door too! You are not alone in the tricky eye department.
  3. I try not to order anything that doesn't have the measurements listed for the item. Even that is not always accurate. Like Holly said our RL environments have less than perfect scale items. I love my humongous RL recliner. It totally dwarfs my grandmother's antique sofa and overwhelms my small living room but neither one are going anywhere.
  4. Welcome Kate! Ask away there are many here who have built that house (not me though) as well as a builder's blog on this site. I hear you on the wiring, none of my houses are wired.
  5. Good Luck! Welcome to the forum. I have not built the Beacon Hill but many here have so you will have plenty of friendly folks to answer questions. The link below has many of the Greenleaf houses with step by step pics and there are YouTube vids out there too. https://moreminis.blogspot.com/?m=1
  6. Neat! I hardly decorate anything anymore, no time, I go elsewhere now for holiday celebrations and everything becomes a cat toy anyway😆
  7. The tiles are cut in much smaller squares on the floors I have seen done this way. (1/4"-1/2") That being said I think the problem is your substrate. Maybe try weights instead of pins. If planks are the look you are going for Havana Holly uses a wood tape type product whose name escapes me at the moment. Hopefully she will chime in soon!
  8. One room school houses were primitive so don't make it too perfect. I like what you have done. Reminds me of the salvaged RL one on the grounds of a nearby museum.
  9. Oh my goodness! I had a grocery store similar to that with the little people and their shopping carts running around in isles powered by a magnet underneath. What Memories! I also think my Holly Hobby doll house was the same way. Not the wood manufactured one, I had a cardboard one with a Holly Hobby doll and plastic furniture. The doll fit in a stand with a magnetic base driven by a wand underneath. That house was the only thing that did not survive the leak in the she shed.
  10. https://moreminis.blogspot.com/?m=1 Step by step pictures and building help for most of the GL dollhouses as well as tips for other dollhouse parts like doors and floors. Scroll down to the listing for The Glencroft. Good luck it's a great house.
  11. I agree, especially the trim pieces look to be real life size cabinet trim material but it works. 👌
  12. It does look like Foxhall but I don't think it is. Foxhall's front bays open, these don't appear to. Looking at the FB pic that shows the top I believe the front is the original house (no clue as to what model) and they either built the two back sections and hinged them on or took another house split it and hinged them on the sides. Either way it is a wonderful find!
  13. I had the same problems on my first kit house, The Bobbie, so I super glued mine on. Now I do the pin method no gold hinges. When my dad built my first dollhouse he glued the door in place. 🤣 And it is still that way to this day, 47 years later.
  14. Maybe they have just outgrown the messy kid stage 🤔