About Chisel

• Rank

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience None
  • Dollhouse Preference Please Select
  • Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Yes
  1. Weathered Cardboard Siding

Yep wet worked, I painted the base coat let it dry, then put the layer of glue immediately followed by the layer of top coat. Cracked when it dried. I'm still gonna pick up some crackle medium tomorrow though and see which works best. Trying to make a mini Halloween village.
  2. Weathered Cardboard Siding

I will have to experiment more today.
  3. Weathered Cardboard Siding

Yes I did, sorta, I waited a couple mins and it seemed to be drying out fast so I painted on it. You think it should be completely dry before painting it?
  4. Weathered Cardboard Siding

I will look into that, but I'm trying to understand how the glue causes this effect
  5. Weathered Cardboard Siding

This is an old topic I know, but I just can't seem to achieve this effect. I paint the cardboard (cereal box) with brown acrylic, I wait till its dry, about 10 mins. Then I apply the thin layer of white elmers glue, I only wait a minute or 2 for this step cause it seems to be starting to dry at this point. I then use this light grey acrylic paint over it. It does look slighly  weathered but not really that great or cracked. Maybe my timing is wrong or something on waiting between steps, I'm just not sure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.