LoriLovesMiniatures

Gold Member
  • Days Won

LoriLovesMiniatures last won the day on March 30

LoriLovesMiniatures had the most liked content!

62 Excellent

About LoriLovesMiniatures

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Lori
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Karen, You're welcome. Happy to help! I love your idea of the mad scientist's lab in the secret room! Maybe you can personalize a doll that looks like your husband and place him in the secret room! Lol. Wine decanter, table chart and lab tubes are cool. The 1930s look sounds very interesting.
  2. Karen, I know exactly what you mean how life can pull us away from our dollhouse hobby. My dollhouse is still a lifetime project for me too. I am a perfectionist as well. I love the idea of priming the entire inside. Wallpapering around the tower may be very difficult, since the house is assembled. You could always wallpaper the other walls and paint the tower area. I would be hesitant to remove trim that is already glued. If you would want to paint trim a different color, you could buy thin wood trim to fit on top of the window trim that was already glued. You could paint or stain it before you attach to original window trim. I would go with the thinnest wood trim available, so it doesn't stick out from original trim too much. You could cut wood trim with the Ultimate Easy Cutter. That tool can cut at different angles easily. If you decide to glue trim on top of the other window trim, be careful with your windows, that you don't get glue on them. I would glue window trim with E6000 Clear Contact Cement. I would apply cement with a bamboo skewer, a very thin line. If you decide to paint original wood trim already glued, I would try to lay house on its' side if possible and put masking tape at the walls of tower and bay window area to protect from paint/stain and use a 1" skinny foam brush on window trim. You're welcome for the glue recommendation. If the window seat is not painted, you can use the Titebond wood glue. If it is painted, I would use the E6000 Clear Contact Cement. A little bit of that goes a long way. You don't need much of it. I glued my painted windowsill down with a thin line of E6000. I used a tip nozzle on tube. You are welcome, Karen. Looking forward to seeing pictures in the future. I am currently working on painting a conservatory that will be on top of my Harrison's roof! Enjoy working on your Harrison!
  3. You are so creative! I found curtains for my Harrison. The curtain rods are included. I thought about applying e6000 extreme tack on the back edges of curtain rods and attaching them to my window trim. I have used e6000 tack on my dollhouse bathroom door frame. It holds nicely and doesn't leave any residue. How did you attach your curtains?
  4. LoriLovesMiniatures

Miniature Cake Project

This is the first cake I am in the process of making. I am using Fimo clay. After cake was assembled, I put in refrigerator to harden, to be able to cut cake slices cleanly with blade. I then texturized inside of cake with a mini poker tool. Baked the cake in oven for 10 minutes at 230 degrees. Making scalloped icing with mini ball tool. I put a small dot of Sculpey translucent liquid clay on cake to help icing stay positioned. Once cake is all decorated, I will put back in oven to bake for 20 minutes.
  5. Karen & Holly, Thanks so much for your advice. My Harrison Dollhouse is big. I was looking at thin plexiglass sheets on Amazon that are 24" x 36". Wow! Mr. Kitty is one smart cat!
  6. Hello Everyone, Has anyone made plexiglass walls on the back of their dollhouse to protect the inside of their dollhouse? If so, I would love to see pictures. I am looking to protect my dollhouse from one of my parakeets who has flew into the bathroom of my dollhouse! He was sitting in the bathtub. Good thing that I never leave my birds unattended when they are out of their cage.
  7. Glad to hear that Hobby Lobby gave you the option to exchange it. I hope that you are able to reach Greenleaf to speak to them about this issue. I wonder if this could be one of the issues why Miniatures.com doesn't sell as many Greenleaf dollhouse kits as they used to. Whether a company is small or big, they will lose business if their customer service department is not top notch. I will attach info I found from BBB website with Greenleaf contact info. I have only built one Greenleaf dollhouse and I found it fun and challenging!!! I did wear my winter gloves though, when I carefully pushed out the pieces to avoid splinters! Happy Building and Happy Holidays to you.
  8. I can feel your frustration. I hope this gets resolved soon. Greenleaf dollhouse kits are also sold on Amazon. It may have been easier and quicker to return off of Amazon if you would have purchased Greenleaf dollhouse kit from Amazon. Greenleaf has a seller's account on Amazon. I have had no hassles with returning items on Amazon. The items I returned were picked up at my door within the next business day.
  9. The Lumabase battery operated plastic luminary bags are the best. These battery operated luminaries stay lit in any kind of weather. Heavy rain doesn't affect them. Battery operated lights stay lit for 5 hours on timer. Lumabase also sells bags that have snowflakes and trees on them.
  10. I would let Jasmine's parents or whoever is responsible for her try to help her post a picture. Anyone who is under age, it is not our place to help them post a public or private online photo. We live in a crazy world. On another note, I also believe scammers can try to befriend people any way they can.
  11. If the Pinterest and Instagram pictures are your reference pictures, I don't want to see them. I want to see the pictures of your actual work.
  12. Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all of you. The Greenleaf forum is surely a great site for us to connect and share our love for dollhouses.
  13. LoriLovesMiniatures

Christmas Tree--2022

This is my Christmas tree I decorated last year. I used E6000 Extreme Tack to attach the pink ornaments. I love the bright, battery operated lights. I can't use these lights this year, the wires started smoking!