7 Neutral

About JesseJane

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Jessica

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I'm so excited. And thankful. Ive been working this week so yesterday was my first day to really buckle down and start putting things together. This is going to be so much fun!
  2. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I cannot say it enough!!! Right now I know that I need some siding but once I do some research and figure out what else i have I am DEFINITELY going to get with you. Again, THANK YOU!
  3. JesseJane

Jessica

This is the first dollhouse that I have ever gotten, it was a project started in 1979. It is framed like a house, 3 stories, wired electric, removable front. The only other information I have is a parts list that says Queen Anne, but it's not like the ones that i have found online.
  4. I have never done anything like this before so I would be more comfortable tweaking and free styling after I get down the basics. So without knowing how something is supposed to be it definitely leaves me more in the dark on how to really expand and do other things. I have never even seen a dollhouse not put together until I got the one I have. I have never seen a dollhouse kit outside of the one in the hobby lobby where I live, so this entire process is very intimidating. I literally dont even know what tools I need, I just know that i like miniatures and i found a free dollhouse to finally try things on. The likely hood of me ever having another project is very slim, so this is precious to me and I don't want to go in blind.
  5. Hello! I am Jessica and I just got a dollhouse project that was started by someone else in 1979. It is my first dollhouse and i am excited and nervous all at the same time. It is a 3 story house that is unfinished but came with most of the parts that it still needs. I will need help identifying it because the parts list is the only hint i have as to what kind of house it is. The paper says 'queen anne' but the frame and layout do not match anything that has come up in my searches. Someone told me that it might be a toadstool productions dollhouse but finding a picture of one of those is like a needle in a haystack. I have quite a few plans for this house but would really like a visual on how it is supposed to be finished. It is an overwhelming thought to just hop in and free style, but that might be just what i do! Once i can upload pictures I definitely will because any and all help/input is appreciated.
  6. Thank you both! I am excited about this dollhouse adventure. Also I am trying to get comfortable with navigating the site, but i definitely will post photos when I can. I'm nervous about starting this project as well, so i am sure that I will have a lot of questions!
  7. Hello! I too have recently acquired a house that i was told might be a Toadstool Productions Queen Anne. I Am super new to dollhouses and have some questions about how they were sold. Was Toadstool just selling plans, or parts as well? It seems that the house I got came with instructions and parts already cut.
  8. Hello! I just got my first dollhouse build by getting one that was already mid-construction. I have always adored dollhouses and figured, 'why not?'. Well the only information I really have on it is that it was a project started in 1979, and a parts list for a Queen Anne. I was really surprised when I researched a Queen Anne and was in disbelief that I fell backwards into one. Upon further inspection, this is not the typical Queen Anne. There is no tower, the front is removable and there is a square balcony on top of a bay window, the walls are also made from artboard. It is three stories (I have the frame work to add to it) and therr is a small corridor under the steps. When I compare the parts that I recieved to the layout of the house and the parts list, everything matches. I am not sure what the end result of the house is supposed to look like and so far every lead has been a dead end. I was told that toadstool studios made a Queen Anne but i am unable to find any pictures of one. What kind of Queen Anne do i have? Any help would be appreciated! I don't want to just free style and mess up something that could be valuable to someone other than myself, and having a direction to go in would be nice.