SimPenguin

• Last visited

Posts posted by SimPenguin

1. On 10/23/2019, 8:17:21, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, Melissa.  My McKinley wanted to be my William Morris house.  I built two Fairfields to be halves of a Bar Harbor summer cottage, building one of them inside out so on the outside they look like mirror images of each other.  I did some modifying of the insides, hanging a Foucault's Pendulum from the top of the tower in one and adding a staircase to the third floor in the other and extending the tower's walls to make a utility/ bathroom.

That's really interesting! I enjoyed the pictures in your albums!

2. 6 hours ago, mininecessities said:

Welcome Melissa! You are going to love 1:12 scale! There is a much bigger market out there for 1:12 scale than any other scale.  Love the Faifield. You will have fun!  

This is exactly why I went with 1:24 - If I had all the amazing things available in 1:12 at my disposal, I would have to move into the dollhouse myself because I would be BANKRUPT and homeless. :) I had to level the playing field just a bit before heading off into a new hobby. 1:24 should keep me honest. I hope to make many things myself.

• Like 2
  3. Hi! I’ve been lurking a while but think I’m ready to commit now. ;) I haven’t built a dollhouse before but have done a lot of diorama building in 1/6 scale. I didn’t *intend* to build a dollhouse, but a few weeks back I was randomly googling around and saw someone’s Fairfield build and instantly knew it was the right house for me. I don’t think I can post pictures yet so I’ve started an album at my Flickr here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144333381@N04/albums/72157711471679943. Just a few pics now of my dry assemble. It’s probably going to be a while before any real construction starts as I am waiting for supplies and designing things. I have some structural changes I want to make and have a little more “how to” knowledge to gain before I tackle it. Until I have a good plan laid out I will probably hold off starting anything too involved.

Thanks to all of you amazing people for your extensive posts/discussions – I have learned SO MUCH already from the experiences of others who have gone before me!

- Melissa -