About Medieval

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Jess

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I'm going to make it a little worn and dirty, it scared I'll ruin it.
  2. I wish I knew this before I started my one room school house room box. My students also had this problem, but they still are learning how much glue, mod podge, and paint is too much.
  3. Medieval

Sink1.jpg

I love your design!
  4. Stuffing up the paper appeared to work. Latex and acrylic paints are sticking as well as tacky glue on wallpaper.
  5. I'm going to paint the first floor purple. My middle school Barbie consultants made the recommendation.
  6. Medieval

Penelope Renovation (KidKraft)

I saw this well loved dollhouse on the side of the road; it was waiting for the garbage truck. It looked like good bones, so I picked it up. I decided to challenge myself to create a whole new look using the materials I have on hand to renovate this house. The only things I might have to buy are basics like white primer and glues. I think I'm going to get a long string of fairy lights to electrify (another purchase), and I might need more siding. Okay, so already I'm buying stuff. So maybe if I just keep costs to a minimum....
  7. I'm looking forward to seeing you develop this.
  8. Pretty awesome inspiring photos!
  9. That seems to be the perfect height!
  10. Medieval

miniart.JPG

I like all your paintings, but this is by far my favorite. Mostly because I love the subject matter. You are very good!
  11. It's been a year since I was in my workroom. My dad is in final stages of Parkinson's. He's in a nursing home and he can't advocate for himself. My mom, brother and I take turns going to see him so he sees someone from home everyday. They are very understaffed and we almost lost him twice. We would have if we weren't checking on him daily. Then my son had a baby and things went sour with the girlfriend. I had my grandson for about 3 days thinking I was going to raise him before everything worked out. I still work full time. I learned I do not have the energy for all this! But life is finding a new rhythm and I've gotten back into my workroom. I finished installing the lights. I decided to go with purple on the floor for this Barbie house, even though i am partial to natural wood. This room is ALMOST done!
  12. I read all the instructions before i even start. Then as i work through them, depending on what I'm doing for decoration I skip around a bit. But I agree with Holly. Dry fit all the way first helps a lot, just have a way to organize parts after you have freed them from the sheet. Nothing worse than "extra" leftover pieces.
  13. Lovely! Great color scheme. 1920-30s?