2 Neutral

About NeveFresca

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Celeste

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. The link to the pdf instructions for the Orchid dollhouse doesn't work. Could you check this out? Maybe it's just me. Thank you.
  2. Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I have just started on my first dollhouse, an Orchid that I mail-ordered 23 years ago. At the time I was a single mother with a 7-year-old and a 1-year-old. When the kit arrived and I saw how complicated it was, I knew there was no way I could build it. We lived in a tiny house with no place to set up the project, and there was the 1-year-old running around getting into everything. I hope you understand. My 7-year-old did not understand. She cried and cried. I put the Orchid kit away, out of sight but not forgotten. For 23 years I kept that kit, dragging it along when we moved from house to house. For 23 years I felt a nagging sense of guilt. Then, last month, my 7-year-old, now age 30, gave birth to my first grandchild, beautiful little Lydia. One look at that beautiful child, and I knew the time was right. Out came the Orchid kit, and I set up a work area to build it. I'd never attempted anything like this before, so I went online for general dollhouse-building guidance. I was astounded to see that they still make the Orchid! My astonishment quickly turned to joy to find a whole community of Orchid builders! I had a lot of questions, including total neophyte questions, that you wonderful people are answering as I read through your posts. Thank you all so much! As for the 30-year-old, she doesn't even remember the Orchid kit arriving 23 years ago. Turns out I've been wracked with guilt for nothing. But no matter. I am having fun building my Orchid!