• Last visited

1 Neutral

About 8MastiffMom

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Beth
  1. I live in WA...thank you so much for the information, that’s definitely good to know and I appreciate your time!
  2. Hi, my name is Beth. Not only am I totally new to all this but I have been lost for a couple years and am looking for a direction to go. Let me explain just a bit... My mom (my best friend) was the miniature enthusiast, she had been collecting everything from the building supplies to the people and all the furniture, etc. in between. Many different scales and lots of years of collecting. My mom became ill and moved in with me and I cared for her until she passed 2 years ago. I acquired all my moms treasures which most had been packed/stored for 20 years. After 2 years, I have finally started looking in boxes as I need to downsize and I’m finally strong enough to do so. I know NOTHING about these & although I think they are amazing, it’s just not something that interests me nor would I ever find the time or patience for such intricacy! Long story short, my husband has become ill and we are struggling. I know my mom would want me to profit from her stash any way possible to help us, that’s what we always did for each other. So, my question is...how and where can I educate myself in miniatures at a beginners level and maybe learn something about their value so I don’t get taken advantage of if/when I do sell some of these? Many of these are obviously very old. I am willing to take the time needed to learn some of this but have no clue where to start. This is the most informative site I have come across that has old and new posts from members that seem to be willing to answer questions and share info and for that I am very thankful. It has been a bit overwhelming trying to do this research. Thank you in advance to anyone that makes it through my post and takes the time to point me in a much needed direction.