1 Neutral

About AlisonJR

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Allison

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Hi Lee, Thanks so much for the advice! I'm thinking of trying this but with Giclee prints (archival quality ink) onto a matte photo paper to mimic wallpaper. Do you have any recommendations for the sealer or wallpaper paste, or is it pretty standard?
  2. Hello! I'm currently renovating my first ever dollhouse. I really want to create my own wallpapers (I'm creating them digitally and then will be printing them) and am looking for recommendations of what paper I should be printing my designs on. Is there a specific type of photo paper (or other material) anyone can recommend that will mimic the finish of real wallpaper and not warp when wallpaper paste is used on the back? I'm willing to print museum quality and take it to a photo printer. Thank you!
  3. Hi! I'm currently working on renovating my first dollhouse. It's the Alison Jr. kit that I bought already put together. The house comes with very narrow doorways so I'm looking to cut these larger to be closer to real proportions. How would you recommend cutting them? The house is made of MDF but because it is already built, it's a bit of an awkward angle to work on. I tried using a hacksaw to expand my front door, which did eventually work, but left a very jagged and unfinished edge. Thankfully that will be covered by trim anyways. Would love some advice! Thanks!
  4. Thank you!! That sounds like it would be easiest, I will give it a try!
  5. Hi! I'm currently working on my first ever dollhouse. I'm wondering what is most recommended as a "base" to attach my wood veneer floor boards and for my walls so that I can work on them outside of the house and then put it all together inside. I'd like it to be a material that can stand the test of time too. Or am I better off installing straight in the dollhouse? I recently purchased some subfloor material (Polystyrene) but it is 1/16" thick and it seems so thick considering it would be used for all walls and floors. Any guidance would be so appreciated!
  6. Hello! I'm currently working on my first dollhouse. I bought this already assembled and have noticed there are hinges in the corners of most of the rooms (photos attached) some of which stick out quite bit. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for how to hide these as I don't want them to show under my wallpapers. (it seems as if they were used to pull the corners of the dollhouse walls together) Thanks!
  7. WOW thanks so much. That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure if it would paste properly. I will definitely do some tests first but thanks so much for the advice.
  8. Hi, I am currently working on my first dollhouse. It is an Alison Jr. I am hoping to handpaint and illustrate my own wallpaper and am not sure where to start. What paper is recommended? Also wondering if a seal, specific glue is required. I was hoping to make individual entire wall sized paintings (probably with watercolour paint) that will mount to the walls as wallpaper (and won't fade over time).