• Real Name
    Maree
  • Country
    New Zealand

Recent Profile Visitors

141 profile views
  1. SillyRabbit

Record Store Project

Work in progress photos of my record store room box, my first project.
  2. Thanks so much for your suggestions everyone. I’m leaning towards the commercial idea - boutique/specialty stores on the lower and middle floors and a high end apartment on the top, maybe even opening up the top floor with the elevator as the entrance. Just a heads up, I’ll have plenty of questions haha Watch this space!
  3. I love your idea of creating a commercial setting. The elevator lends itself well to this - I’m imagining a book store, toy store etc with perhaps the top floor dedicated to an office type space/studios or even a high end furnished apartment and an advertising agency or gallery for example. Thanks for your ideas!
  4. I can’t believe I found this fab dolls house on TradeMe (NZ type of EBay) for $45! It has lighting already wired and that’s a manual lift/elevator at the back. Good bones to renovate and six rooms plus 3 ‘landings.’ Oh the fun I’ll have with this project I think the wooden floors will stay but that thick cork flooring might have to go. I’d love to hear your ideas for a collection of rooms - part of one house or six (plus 3) stand alone rooms? And what do you think about either the absence of or adding internal doors?
  5. Thanks! The photos uploaded the right way but posted the wrong way... I’ll try Thank you all for your replies and support! I’m thinking of adding a facade to the front of the roof so I can add a large sign as well a hanging sign that protrudes from the front of the shop or above the door. I’m very keen to try my hand at making LPs, a record player, headphones, wall racks, record bins, posters of bands/artists/tours (perhaps some of these would dress the front window and be a little sun faded). The counter will be a simple bar type structure that has bits and bobs scattered on it such as freebie stickers, postcards, guitar picks etc. My partner Joe and I visited Ameoba Records in San Francisco last year where there is an amazing colourful vinyl record ‘mobile’ for want of a better word, hanging from the ceiling. Maybe my little store will sport one of these too hehe
  6. Thanks! The photos uploaded the right way but posted the wrong way, time for plan b
  7. Today I went along to my local miniaturist’s monthly club day! Such fun, I’m hooked! The organisers had a room box kit available for purchase to work through with help close by, additional features will be taught at future club days - next month is a sash window tutorial. I just had to share my progress (ok and excitement!) with you all My plan is to create a record store complete with bins of LPs, a listening post/record player/headphones, posters etc A big thank you and shout out to the lovely folk of Garden City Miniaturists in Christchurch, NZ Apologies for the upside down photos, I’ll figure that out
  8. Hi Cyndi, from one newbie to another - haere mai, welcome!
  9. Thank you so much for your suggestions, I especially like the glue dots ideas! I start with what’s available locally, Titebond Wood Glue and Titebond Quick n Thick and see how I get on. As far as painter’s tape goes, what width approx is good to work with for dry fitting? Thanks!
  10. I’m setting myself up with a few necessities before my first kit (link below) arrives What glue(s) do you prefer to use for various aspects of your miniatures? Thanks! Maree https://www.redcottageminiatures.com/shop-1/isabella-cottage-kit
  11. Hi everyone, thanks for having me! I’m an absolute beginner and am looking forward to learning from you all as I embark on my first miniature room setting once it arrives in the post!