Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Real Name
    Stacey
  • Country
    United States
  1. Beacon is my first house, and I have been working on it for years. You are not alone.
  2. Hello, I have been working on this house for about 5 years now, and I'd really like to finish. My obstacle seems to be the dormer windows. Nothing seems to fit right, and I can't get the "curvy part" to fit at all. Does anyone have any special words of wisdom in relation to putting these windows together? Any advice would be appreciated. ---Stacey
  3. Oddly, the stairs are one area that I didn't have too much trouble with. I wallpapered first, and they didn't hurt it at all. I don't have my floor in yet though, because I'm planning on using skinny sticks, and they are too thick to slide the stairs over. Stacey
  4. Maybe I'll try doing the cut in the wallpaper. I probably have nothing to lose at this point. I should probably also update my gallery. I think I took those picture about 2 years ago. My house actually has a roof now, lol. Stacey
  5. I'm 3 years and counting on my BH. Life keeps happening, and causing me to take long breaks. Last weekend I stained my kitchen window pieces, and now just have to seal them. I already fitted and sanded, so it hopefully shouldn't take too long to put in. My shell is put together, and most windows are in. Haven't started the dormers though. I also have to re-do some wallpaper in the main hall, and then put my ceiling paper on. After that, it is floors, molding and door frames. Then I'm on to shingles and siding. Once this is done, the house will be in a "usable" condition, and I can fine tune from there. I know I'll have major touch ups when I'm done. The double window has a gap underneath, and some of my roof trim doesn't go all the way down to where it should. My bathroom wallpaper is bubbly up in the corner, and I'm not sure whether I should rip it down, or just buy a hanging plant for the corner in order to disguise it. I also noticed the other day that my dining room ceiling paper is all scuffed up. Argh! The Primrose kit is next, and that should hopefully be a piece of cake after this project. Stacey
  6. Judi, yes, it is the shingle dye that you mix with water. I believe it is made by Real Good Toys, and I know they have it in gray, so it is probably the same brand you used. Gina, do any of the houses in your gallery have this dye on them?
  7. That is awesome! I love what you did with the Adams! As far as it matching the picture, maybe you subconsciously had that image stored in your memory banks? I dunno. That's kinda trippy. Stacey
  8. I bought the brown shingle dye from HBS recently, but when it arrived, it stated that it is a red color. It also looks red in the package. The picture in the catalog looked just slightly lighter than a medium brown. My concern is that it won't go with my pink house. Has anyone else used this dye before, and if so, how did it really turn out colorwise? Stacey
  9. LuvDylan&Holly

dh1.jpg

My daugher has this, and absolutely loves it! I use it to pacify her until that Beacon Hill gets done. Stacey
  10. I have a toothpick in the end of my tacky glue bottle. I have to confess there was no genius at work here though. When I took my cap off, it flew across the garage, and I couldn't find it. So, while it turned out to be a good solution, I don't get too much credit for it. ;) Stacey
  11. I highly recommend contacting the movers first in order to discuss policy. They may have a procedure for this already, but if they don't, and you pack them yourself, then you'll want to make sure they are still liable is something happens. I didn't have a dollhouse at the time, but my dh's company paid to move us from CA to CO, and they packed everything. Most stuff arrived intact, but we did have a bit of damage to our washing machine and vacuum cleaner, in addition to them losing a magazine rack, but they paid for all of it since it was their responsbility. Also, I was there to supervise the entire packing and unpacking, so I was able to see how they wrapped things up. I was mostly concerned about my collection of Disney water globes, especially since some of them have some delicate pieces sticking out, but those all arrived intact, and I felt comfortable since I watched the whole process. Stacey
  12. I am just getting to that part now. I have put on my trim around the edges, but then I started to worry about how I would cut siding to fit around all the intricate window pieces. I went to Gina's blog and saw how she decided to put siding on first (thanks Gina!), so I have decided to do the same. I figure that I'll side at least one wall, and if I don't seem to have trouble fitting my window, then I'll stick with this process. As far as the trim pieces that I have already glued, those are mostly straight, so I'm not worried about those. I am also painting the trim on the house before I add siding, so I won't get white trim paint on my clapboard. Stacey
  13. I think I may have bought a floor that I can't find. Does that give you an idea of how organized my minis are? :lol: Stacey
  14. Has anyone seen the upside down FAO Schwartz building in Orlando? That was the first thought that popped into my head. Stacey