• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Rosalind
  • Country Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

3142 profile views
  1. What's everyone working on?

Grazhina, you might like to try some ash from an incense stick.  It's very fine, and dusty-coloured.  I've been thinking it could be used in fireplaces, dust in the attic, etc.  
  2. trinket box/ GREAT TREASURE CHEST on Amazon

The dollar stores are familiar and wonderful hunting grounds indeed, Holly!  I will cruise their aisles with renewed vigour, and report back if I'm in luck.  Meanwhile, the little chest is on my wishlist.  I found it interesting to note that the description on the Canadian site was for a treasure chest, intended to hold Roleplaying/Gaming Dice.  
  3. trinket box/ GREAT TREASURE CHEST on Amazon

I like that chest a lot!  Unfortunately, it doesn't ship to Canada.    I'll have to scout around and see if there are any similar ones available here.  What a treasure - I could use something like this in a few different projects! Okay, I just found the same one on a Canadian site - almost double the price, of course!  Thanks for sharing the info, Grazhina.
  4. doll collectors forum

I'm not usually a fan of knitted clothes - although my granny knitted and crocheted some seriously gorgeous outfits for me when I was a child - but I continue to be a fan of your mum's beautiful work!  This blue dress adds such lovely colour and style to the doll,  The beaded tiara is sweet, and gives her a serenity that I find really appealing.  Another successful job well done!
  5. What's everyone working on?

Wow, Jackie - you're a fast worker!  Pretty colours - and yes, they do look yummy!
  6. What's everyone working on?

Ooh, yes, Miranda - a Wizard's place can be taken in several directions all at the same time!  No holds barred - what fun! Christine, do you have any pics of your cottage?  I like the hint you dropped of a love story ... it makes a difference to a dollhouse ... giving it a history, a life of its own ... every house needs to be a home - even a miniature one. Isn't it disappointing when you can't match up the paint?  Never mind, Grazhina - if I know your work (and I do) it will be the most wonderful gnome home, chosen by the gnomes particularly because of the beauty of the bark exterior. 
  7. What's everyone working on?

The bark look is very effective, Grazhina!  The little door is already so inviting ... I can't wait to see more.  Do you know who will move in when you're finished?
  8. What's everyone working on?

I love him -  well done!  
  9. What's everyone working on?

I know what you mean, Keith.  You are more tool savvy than I, and your projects are awesome.  Even so, I can relate to your situation.  I'm so stuck right now I'm thinking of signing up for a subscription to a paper miniatures kit company.  If I commit to a book kit every month, I have to follow through and actually make them ... a kind of forced kickstart for my muse ... at least, that's my plan.
  10. What's everyone working on?

That's a super tutorial, Alannah.  Using a paper punch to make the square "tiles" is brilliant!  So quick and easy using a border punch with many cutouts.  Thanks so much for sharing the link.
  11. What's everyone working on?

It would also be fun to try a mosaic table with polyclay.  You could bake the small pieces first, and press them into raw polyclay for the grout.  I'd love to see what you come up with, Anna. Keith, congrats on plugging ahead with the window - consider the first one as the dress rehearsal, and the final one as the masterpiece.  It can be so discouraging when your hard work is spoilt like that ... but I bet the second window is even better than the first!
  12. Showcase Our Miniature Finds

I didn't know there were these replica kits - I watched some of the Dark Shadows when I was a babysitter, many moons ago!  Good luck with the search, and keep us updated with your progress, please!
  13. Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Amazing!  What a treasure.  
  14. What's everyone working on?

And I love the look of the priest, Anna!  He will fit in beautifully.   Cynthia, your bedding is lovely.  What a wonderful way to preserve family history!  
  15. What's everyone working on?

That's great, Anna!  Please post a pic, if you can!  I would love to see him.  Happy for you!