• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Rosalind
  • Country
    Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

3,910 profile views
  1. Not sure what to suggest for the stair runner, but I noticed you mentioned your plans for gluing your wallpaper. I don't know what strike flat glue is either, but I recommend using a wallpaper glue for the wallpaper. Regular household wallpaper paste is fine. You can buy small tubs of dollhouse specific paste, but in my experience, it costs more, and is essentially the same thing. I like to spread a thin layer on the wall, and also on the paper. This gives me some wiggle time to place it in exactly the right position before it glues fast. In theatre terms, you strike the flats onstage when dismantling the walls of a set, once the production run is over. Pretty sure that isn't anything to do with strike flat glue, though!
  2. You know, I think this is something we all do from time to time. We should be kinder to ourselves, and allow ourselves a little joy, just for the sake of it! If we don't give ourselves permission for this, why should we expect anybody else to? Your little girl is a perfect "excuse" for you to get busy with this all-encompassing hobby/passion/obsession. When you feel more comfortable with your place in this amazing miniature world, you can do it all for both of you - or just you, depending on whether your little girl shares your interest, or not! (My daughter wasn't as enamoured as I am, of all things small ... but my granddaughter is!!)
  3. I've been wondering if scrapbooking scissors could cut the really thin shingles you can get. They would make some beautiful shapes!
  4. Sorry to be nosy, but... can you give out any details about the upcoming movie? We all love to see the Greenleaf houses make appearances in movies, and would like to keep watch for this one!
  5. The mini Plumette looks just like your real life Plumette, very well done. I would have thought that it would give too bulky a result, when sticking fur onto a resin/plastic cat - but I would have been wrong! What a clever idea. Both cats look contented. 😸
  6. Welcome, Kelly! If you're stuck, just let us know. Someone is bound to be able to set things right for you. I too found things confusing at first, but now it is familiar territory, and easy to negotiate. You'll be breezing around the site in no time! I had a look at your photos (I don't have Facebook, but my better half does). You did a fantastic job on The Lily! I like the stone walkway - did you make it yourself? It looks like it could have been done with egg cartons... I hope you open an album here, or post some pics for all to see.
  7. Very smart colour scheme! The last dollhouse I did was painted navy blue, custard yellow, and white - with a weathered gray roof! (We seem to have a few things in common, don't we?) I hope you will take lots of photos of your build, and keep us updated!
  8. After you have glued where you can, a little wood putty can fill in any cracks/gaps left. The Orchid is such a pretty dollhouse - do you know yet what your plans are for it? It can be great fun to have a backstory, and many members here are very creative with theirs. Will it be a home, a shop, or ??? Will you put dolls in it? Some people think a dollhouse should have dolls, some others think dolls spoil the realistic effect of a miniature house. What do you think, Kat?
  9. Hello Kat, and welcome! Fellow cat-lover here (SW Ontario) - at the moment we only have three cats, and they are all 17 years old, and of course, cute as buttons. This is a great place to ask questions, find answers, gather tips, and share the ups and downs (and in betweens) of dollhouses - make yourself at home!
  10. I'm glad that you know your value, and I'm sorry that your family doesn't. Thank you for your service, you have made a difference in this world. In our Greenleaf group, you will find plenty of kindred spirits! We applaud each other's efforts, talents, and knowledge - and support each other when the going gets a little rough.
  11. If you mean me, Aggie, I have been a Greenleaf family member for many years now ... I just don't put in an appearance here very often these days!
  12. Well, I'm late to reply ... but that looks like a dollhouse I've seen a few times, selling secondhand. I think they were built from plans you could purchase. I fixed one up for my granddaughter when she was younger, and she still loves it. That one was probably built in the seventies - the original owner had put down real-life shag carpet in the living room! (Yes, I took it out.)
  13. That's beautiful, Emily! How is your crib blanket coming along, Toni?
  14. Good luck to you and your mum in these trying times ...