Shy Spirit

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Shy Spirit

1. The bark look is very effective, Grazhina! The little door is already so inviting ... I can't wait to see more. Do you know who will move in when you're finished?
  2. I know what you mean, Keith. You are more tool savvy than I, and your projects are awesome. Even so, I can relate to your situation. I'm so stuck right now I'm thinking of signing up for a subscription to a paper miniatures kit company. If I commit to a book kit every month, I have to follow through and actually make them ... a kind of forced kickstart for my muse ... at least, that's my plan.
  3. That's a super tutorial, Alannah. Using a paper punch to make the square "tiles" is brilliant! So quick and easy using a border punch with many cutouts. Thanks so much for sharing the link.
  4. It would also be fun to try a mosaic table with polyclay. You could bake the small pieces first, and press them into raw polyclay for the grout. I'd love to see what you come up with, Anna. Keith, congrats on plugging ahead with the window - consider the first one as the dress rehearsal, and the final one as the masterpiece. It can be so discouraging when your hard work is spoilt like that ... but I bet the second window is even better than the first!
  5. I didn't know there were these replica kits - I watched some of the Dark Shadows when I was a babysitter, many moons ago! Good luck with the search, and keep us updated with your progress, please!
  6. And I love the look of the priest, Anna! He will fit in beautifully. Cynthia, your bedding is lovely. What a wonderful way to preserve family history!
  7. That's great, Anna! Please post a pic, if you can! I would love to see him. Happy for you!
  8. The kitchen is looking great - after all that work, why take it out? I think it's beautiful. I suppose it depends on who will be at the auction ... people who could finish it off themselves, or people who want it all done already. All I can say is, I would love to have a kitchen like that - in a dollhouse, or in Real Life.
  9. Hope the workshop was fun today, Anna! Wish I could have taken it with you. My granddaughter had a sleepover, and we made flower fairies with beads, pipecleaners, fabric flowers, etc. Not the usual sort of minis made here, but we had a good time. Even my mum made a fairy!
  10. I like the soft colours, Anna. Whenever I buy a little something like that, I spend time handling the item, appreciating the texture of the glaze versus the feel of the unglazed material beneath, the "real" weight of a pottery/ceramic object (as opposed to a plastic/wooden one). It feeds my imaginings of the miniature person who will heft the vessel in their arms, and go about their miniature business. I can go into raptures over one little jug - and just look at your beautiful collection! Do you have plans for them all already?
  11. Very nicely done, Lita. I think Robin Betterley's designs are so attractive - yet I couldn't imagine tackling one in that scale. Kudos to you!
  12. Perhaps you would consider a spiral staircase? They don't take up as much space, but give you a valid way for your miniature people to get to the next level.
  13. I prefer to think of it as "working creatively", rather than "fixing mistakes". Quite often, any creative "adaptations" improve the look and or character of the project. In fact, I think they usually turn out to be my favourite parts!
  14. I am in awe of your mother's knitting skills! All the dolls are beautiful, and the clothes absolutely bring them to life. What an unusual pattern this last one has. So intricate, and perfect.
  15. It's lovely when we come across a mini that was forgotten ... and what a kick to see how little they cost!! You have a nice start to some kitchen accessories now.
  16. If you haven't done this already, Tracy - check out the thatched roof on Deb's Asian retreat - she used fake fur, and I recall she had plenty of tips for anyone trying the technique. Congrats on a great find!
  17. Anna, this is wonderful! I think you have designed a great dog-house. I like the lookout railing on top, and the way the roof overhangs either side. No rain pooling around the sides of the house, it will all run off and disappear. Puppy will have a warm, dry haven!
  18. Well, I have ordered a flute! Thanks so much for sharing that info with us, Keith. Now comes the waiting ...
  19. I hear you there, Keith! Still, it was obviously worth the wait. ;)
  20. Wonderful detail - it's a clarinet, isn't it? May I ask where you found such a treasure? And do they make flutes?
  21. Yellow, blue and white - my favourite colours for china! Pretty set. Clever you, to experiment with the faucet, and not break anything! And the bead sounds like a very good idea.
  22. Thanks for letting us all know about this - I hadn't heard anything about it - or the book! Julie Campbell makes the most exquisite dolls ever ... what a talent. I've been in love with her fairies for years. I'm looking forward to this series now, and will devour it when it airs.