• Dollhouse Building Experience Two
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera No
  • Real Name Angela
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1284 profile views
  1. Hello My name is miss joy i saw your profile today at /www.greenleafdollhouses.com/ and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my e-mail address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my e-mail address (dionjoy991@yahoo.co.uk).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.miss joy.(Remember the distance or color does not matter but love matters a lot in life) Please reply m...

2. 5/27/07 Rudest Comment about Your Minis

Wow, I'm surprised by some of the things people say about this hobby. I usually get the 'oh, really?' with a smirk when I describe what I love to do, and I'm offended by that. I couldn't imagine how I'd react if someone said something really rude to my face! I meet so many people who have no hobbies at all, and always seem either stressed out or, quite frankly, bored. A lot of people can't see any reason to invest so much time in something that, for many of us, doesn't turn a profit, which goes for most hobbies in general. I just feel bad for people who can't understand what it means to put your heart and soul into creating something that is your own.
  3. 6/11/07 8 Days a week??

Have a clean apartment!
  4. 5/22/07 Your Most Exciting creation

Bashing the Haunted House with the Laurel. It's so gratifying to develop an idea to create something that is your own, and then actually be able to make it happen.
  5. On the Horizon

That is such an adorable house! I've already got half a dozen ideas for it!
  6. HBS SALE

Thanks for the media code! I'm off to plan my order!
  7. Excited to Start!

Welcome Julie! I used clay bricks and mortar (both available from most dollhouse or miniature shops) for my Glencroft. I love the way it turned out, but I've learned that paperclay or magic brick might be more efficient options for acheiveing a similar effect! Best of luck with your mini adventures!
  8. I wondered the same thing when they announced the new one. They seem identical. :groucho: Maybe putting the word Dollhouse in the name of the site would attract more search engine hits, which would bring more customers......? Thanks for the promotion code!
  9. 10/26/05 Family & Dollhouses

My first 2 dollhouses were Christmas presents, designed and built by my grandfather. He was also into trains. Once I went to his house, and his entire living room was one gigantic miniature town (HO Scale, I guess...?), with a train running through it! At least half a dozen pieces of plywood all connected, four feet off the ground, fully decorated. Now that's a good use of living space! No no else that I know is into miniatures. Until they actually see the houses, they can't quite understand what it is that I do. However, I am proud to say that my father in law, who is a contractor, was quite impressed with my Garfield! He aims to make a woodworker out of me!
  10. Dollhouse packaging?

What's in the box is much more important than the packaging...although I have admit not only do I like to refer to the picture during construction, I've kept the top of the boxes from my Glencroft and Laurel. I was thinking it might be fun to frame the pictures and hang them in my craft room! ;) Whoa - totally didn't read that post! I don't think packaging would be much of an issue if sold through the company store. I'd imagine the first people to purchase the re-released houses would be those that frequent this forum, and I think we all trust Greenleaf to get our houses to us safely, even without the nice pictures!
  11. How Many Projects? 3/31/07

Three houses at various stages of construction: Garfield - working on electrical and exterior Laurel Farmhouse bash - trying to make custom windows Tiffany - ready to be sealed and primed
  12. Quitting Smoking Members?

I don't think Welbutrin and Chantix are the same type of medication. Welbutrin, as I understand, was an anti-depressant that they found worked for some smokers. Chantix was developed specifically to be smoking cessation pill. It supposedly blocks the good feeling that nicotine induces in the brain, so smoking is physically not as enjoyable. There's a lot of really great information available regarding Chantix at Chantix.com. Also, if you do a Google search for Chantix, lots of good info comes up, including side effects and results from clincal trials.
  13. Quitting Smoking Members?

Congrats on your decision to quit, and best of luck. I'm not a smoker, but my husband is. He's tried numerous times to quit in the past, including Welbutrin (I think that's how it's spelled) and started on Chantix about six weeks ago. He hasn't had a cigarette in 5 weeks (the first week is to get the drug into your system, you set a quit date of 7 days after you start). Considering that this began just before the Christmas festivities, I have to say I am impressed with the results! We fly 3000 miles cross country at Christmas, drive up and down the California coast to see everyone - certainly not the best time of year to try and quit. My husband spent time with friends who are smokers, and still didn't have one. Seems successful so far! Part of the difference this time, I have to admit, has been his attitude. He decided to quit on his own and has stuck to it. In the past others, including myself, have pressured him to try, and it didn't work. He replaced the oral fixation of cigarettes with toothpicks, which he soaks in cinammon flavored water. Keeps him occupied, and so far he has avoided the usual urge to replace smoking with food. Chantix is a long regime - 12 weeks I think. At the beginning it was the usual jitteriness and inability to sleep well, but that seems to have subsided. He smoked for 15 years before quittting. I'm not sure if his experience, told from a third person point of view, helps, but if you have any specific questions about Chantix, feel free to pm me and I'll ask him how he felt (feels) while taking it.
  14. 1/3/07 Global Warming How do You feel?

Global warming is definately a concern. The weather in the north east and midwest seems to have caught some people's attention, but I agree that it is, at least in part, attributed to the natural cycles of el nino. These weather patterns seemed to trap the cold air, which would normally have moved east and south (from Canada) in the middle of the country. Sometimes it's difficult to tell. But I believe it is a combination of both our effect and natural occurances. However, I hope the abnormal weather gathers enough attention to kick us into gear. I walk to work everyday, and we recycle in my home, but changes need to be made on a much larger scale. Keep your fingers crossed that we declare Polar Bears to be endangered! From what I hear, this will set in action laws that wil require us to make changes to protect their environment, which means we will looks for widespread solutions to global warming. We have the technology, we just need to use it.
  15. Im becoming a Notary

It's about the same here in Connecticut. The form asked a few questions about rules and regulations, but it came with a booklet that had all of the answers in it, and you weren't required to prove you answered the questions without looking at the booklet. I did it a few months ago, and I was surprised that it wasn't more closely regulated. I also recently became a licensed insurance producer, and while they required you to jump through more hoops (an approved course, pass the course exam, then pass the state exam), it was still strikingly easy. It's curious the differences in state requirements for the same positions. Best of luck with your exam! Let us know how it goes!