• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Angela
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,468 profile views
  1. Thanks for your replies! I am using some dollhouse wallpaper and some scrapbook paper. It's the dollhouse wallpaper that is fading. Roni - did you get the sealer at a craft shop, or hardware store?
  2. Does anyone know how I can prevent my wallpaper from fading? I had no idea it could happen so quickly! My farmhouse isn't done yet, but I already have to repaper two of the walls due to sunlight exposure. Even when I draw the blinds, the sun comes through enough to ruin it. Is there something I can put over it (a sealer maybe?) that might help?
  3. This site is one of my favorites: Mini Dolls. They have lots of patterns. They also have fabric, lace, ribbon, buttons, and a variety of trim - all just right for dollhouse scale!
  4. Has everyone received their June swap? I haven't gotten mine yet, and I'm a little concerned that it might be lost in the mail...
  5. I purchased stair brackets from Earth and Tree awhile ago. North Eastern Scale Models makes them. Cost me about $3 for 4. To find them on the website, go to Building Materials, then Brackets, then pick Northeast. They're made from wood, but they are very, very thin. I've found dozens of uses for them!
  6. Hello - HBS - www.miniature.com - offers a wide range of table and chair legs, posts, etc. to make furniture out of. And www.dejouxminiatures.com has a good selection of plywood and basswood, in all imaginable shapes and sizes.
  7. Hello - I've spent a considerable amount of time looking for FIMO classic as well. The local craft store primarily sells soft. Here's a website that has the classic colors at a decent price : FIMO USA. I haven't ordered from them, but it's they have the most colors at the best I've found so far.
  8. Wow, I'm surprised by some of the things people say about this hobby. I usually get the 'oh, really?' with a smirk when I describe what I love to do, and I'm offended by that. I couldn't imagine how I'd react if someone said something really rude to my face! I meet so many people who have no hobbies at all, and always seem either stressed out or, quite frankly, bored. A lot of people can't see any reason to invest so much time in something that, for many of us, doesn't turn a profit, which goes for most hobbies in general. I just feel bad for people who can't understand what it means to put your heart and soul into creating something that is your own.
  9. Okay, I am one year into this wonderful hobby, and for all of my efforts, I have only one house that I consider to be finished. There are four in progress, and I can't seem to finish one before starting another! One is glued together, but completely bare, I've been siding the Garfield since last September, the Linfield and I keep butting heads, and my poor farmhouse has been under construction for more than 10 months. With all of this going on, I've got the strongest urge to start the Lily, but I feel guilty knowing she'll suffer the same fate! Is this strange? How do you guys motivate yourselves to get to the end? How long should it actually take to finish a dollhouse?
  10. What a wonderful website! Thank you!
  11. Sorry guys - I got my box too! Post away! I forgot to take pics of my swap item again....if anyone has or would like to take pictures of my item, please feel free to post for me! :thumb:
  12. I've tried the packaged mini clay bricks, and the magic brick that came with the Linfield. I don't know if I did something wrong, but I really didn't like working with the magic brick. I didn't like the texture of the mix - it was difficult to work with - and even applying the stencil was a task (the cut out bricks didn't easily separate themselves. I only did one wall of the base with it, and I plan to scrap it off and try something different. I loved using the clay bricks and mortar, though, I used them all over my Glencroft.